Getting my friend over to sweden..

Well my GF is in sweden now and we had a small talk about VISA, she said to me that her friends said to her when she goes back to thailand she has to wait 3 months before apply for a new visa again.

from what i know there is no time limit to apply for a new visa and she can apply for a new as soon as she gets back there if she wants to.

i looked at the visa rules and there is nothing that say that they have to wait a certain amount of time to apply for a tourist visa. this is what i know of tourist visa anyone else has any experience in this?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Akarr,

to my best knowledge, if a Thai national gets granted a 3 month tourist visa for Holland, upon returning to Thailand they have to wait one year before they can apply for a new one.

Hope things are easier for you in Svensk.

Cheers,

Limbo

Hi!

I don't know if things have changed since we joined schengen. However before that the embassy alledgedly would only issue one visa per 12 month period. This meaning that a Thai lady could only spend 6 months/year in Sweden on a tourist visa, providing that she recieved the 3 month extension in Sweden, which was not always the case.

regards

ALHOLK

Akarr and all,

I just learned all about Schengen rules as my GF applied last week for her visa and will obtain it tomorrow :) :) :) :)

She will be here march, april and may, a total of 89 days on a 90-day visa.

The rule is that you can apply and use a 90-day visa within a period of 90 days to enter the Schengen country, but that you do need to be 'out' for another 90 days before being allowed to re-enter on the next 90-day visa.

Hence after 90 days here, she returns to LOS, but can immediately apply for the next one, but will have to wait 90 days before travelling......

Hope that was all clear :)

Cheers !

Hi!

I know for fact Thai ladies have obtained visa extensions while in Sweden also after we entered schengen. The rule are mot likely interpreted differently in different countries.

Akarr would be wise to check with the Swedish authorities instead of relying on information from a message borad. The "Sewdish Migration Board" and the BKK embassy would be good places to start.

regards

ALHOLK

BelgianBoy is right, 90 days/6months in Schengen countries, thats the rule. And other thing is that nowadays Schengen countries usually give only two months visas, why ??? ask them. :devil:

ALHOLK,

The basic rule is simple..... 90 days in Schengen, then must go back 90 days to LOS, then can come agin for 90 days here, then at least another 90 days back in LOS.

Your facts are probably due that the ladies in Sweden arrive on 30 or 60 day visa and extend it to the maximum allowed of 90 days, or a wedding / reunification visa, but no longer than 90 days.......

On this info you can built, it comes from the source :)

Cheers !

Archived