TGs who marry Farangs must be Hookers ?

sidsanuk

Hi,

Of course not. I and and many friends are just regular Thai women. We have our own professions and do well in the West.

However, you cannot stop people to hink you may have been one, no matter what your behaviour is.

A woman whose feature is darker from most of us (from the South), she has a hardest time than anyone I have met. Stereo typing will exist, plus they judge you base on the knowledge or ignorance they know.

Cheers!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jasmine,

are you referring to a specific friend from the south with a dark skin texture or are you generalising that people from the south have darker complexions?

I always thought that in general people from Isaan have a darker texture.

Cheers,

Limbo

Jasmine,

I am sure you are right. Who do you think will jump to the wrong conclusion most? Western or Thai people?

ie Thai people can judge the background of other Thai people better.

or Western people will just assume your partner is a 'mail order bride'

Again, I don't particularly care what people think, just interested.

Sid

Hi,

I don't care what people think either. I think the Thais seem to jump in conclusion faster, especially in Thailand. The Thais I met in Europe and the States seem to be able to tell better, in my experience.

I find the lower educated ones quite delightful and less pretentious myself, I just like the people from up-country better, that is my part of being partial.

Cheers!

I think in Thailand it would be the tourist who most quickly jumps to the conclusion that the lady is a prostitute. Having said that, I would also say that when I am a tourist in Thailand I make these judgements all the time, but I don't base it all on the color of the ladies skin, I base it on the way the lady presents herself. Then in the case of a woman that looks presentable it goes to the color of the skin. In the states I don't think people would bat an eye as unless there was a huge age difference or the lady was dressed extremely funkily.

I have to say I find myself making the same judgements sometimes in LOS. Bit hypocrital of me I guess :-(

The indicators for me tend to be (not that I am necessarily correct of course. It's all perception)

A big difference in age. ie more than 10 years.

The guy looks like a tourist in terms of dress and manner. ie very casual, shorts, T shirt etc

The girl look like a BG in terms of dress and manner

Public displays of affection etc.

In my limited experience, I have found that NBG TGs in particular, like to dress and present well. And they like their men to take the same care in dress and grooming.

BGs like to present well too of course, but they would have more of a tendancy to dress to attract men, rather than just look nice, neat, affluent etc.

I don't really notice skin colour or features much, with Thai girls or anyone for that matter. My fiance trys to tell me her sister in law in very beautiful because, she has paler skin, and her sister has paler skin than her etc. She is very dissapointed when I say you all look the same colour to me LOL. I think TGs can spot about 3,000 different skin tones !

Sure some country girls are a bit darker and some Chiang Mai girls are paler. But what the heck, they are all gorgeous. :-)

Sid

I did not say that thais have a sixth sense but just the keen ability to put together all the factors you described to render fairly accuarate assessments.

I have seen the high end call market as well as the high end hostess lounges. These girls are nothing more than better looking than what one finds at nana or soi cowboy. For the most part, they still are cut out of the same fabric (poor and minimal eduaction minus the rich college girls).

What i am describing is that there is no substitute for education, socialization and class. It is an acumulative effect and it is a process that springs over a life-time and not from nice clothes, cosmetic surgery and make-up. Thailand is no different than in the West or in particular the SF Bay Area.

Cardinalblue

Hi Jasmine,

it sure can be the sun that causes darker skin.

Why is it that the Thai idea of beauty is in a soft coloured or brighter skin, like Chinese Thai and the darker you are the less beautifull you're considered?

Is dark skin equal to exposure to sun is equal to hard labour on the fields is equal to lower status?

Cheers,

Limbo

Archived