Genital Warts - Some Useful Information

sidsanuk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me - or do there seem to be HUGE numbers of dancers and stunners that have warts these days

JB, if we can believe the statistics, genital warts are extremely common in society at large, easily the most prevalent form of STD. The odds of working girls *not* contracting them must be huge : even condoms only protect the girls from contact with the covered section of the penis, and all you bareback fans dont even give them that degree of protection. No, I dont want another flame war from the 'condoms-are-a-personal-choice' brigade, but we reap what we sow gentlemen.

Why can't you just use regular wart medicine to get rid of them?

All I know is that genital warts are not regular warts. If you get infected with genital warts, they will not spread to other area's as well. I asked my doctor about this too, he could not provide me with a satisfying answer. However I can assure you that a regular wart medicine won't work!

Cheers,

soongmak

Is it possible to have warts in the genital area... or at least something that looks like a wart... that isn't actually caused by Molliscum Contagiosum... ie. isn't an STD?

Yes, I believe that's possible.

I went to the doc the next day, actually I went to 2 docs the next day and although they both suspected it to be a 'genital wart' neither was able to make a confident diagnosis.

That has happened to me also. Actually, I didn't know myself if I had syphillis or genital warts, and the doctor couldn't diagnose just by looking. If a wart reappears (cross my fingers they won't!). let them take a sample and do a laboratory search. At least you will know what you have and you can concentrate on curing it.

Cheers,

soongmak

Why can't you just use regular wart medicine to get rid of them?

Simple answer: the medicine did not work the way my doc expected and he used a different medicine the second time.

But I am not sure what you mean with regular wart medicine. If you mean medicine for non genital warts I have learned that it would be a bad choice to use it for genital warts.

If you mean medicine for genital warts, I just did not want to try self medication with my superficial internet knowlegde. Furthermore, this kind of drugs needs a prescription in Germany and self medication is not covered by the health insurance.

Archived