Genital Warts - Some Useful Information

sidsanuk

Guys,

Is it possible to have warts in the genital area... or at least something that looks like a wart... that isn't actually caused by Molliscum Contagiosum... ie. isn't an STD?

I discovered a small wart like thingy last week and freaked out after reading about genital warts. I went to the doc the next day, actually I went to 2 docs the next day and although they both suspected it to be a 'genital wart' neither was able to make a confident diagnosis.

They kept saying 'it's very small' but maybe that was just my dick.

Anyhow.... the second guy applied some brown liquid and gave me some cream and the damed thing was gone almost without a trace within 2-3 days.

What do you guys think? DO I have genital warts a la STD or not? I assumed they were really stubborn.

Also, if I do have GW... my doc didn't speak English very well, are the warts likely to come back and if so how often?

Cheers

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you guys think? DO I have genital warts a la STD or not? I assumed they were really stubborn.

How should we know? Maybe you should post picture somewhere :grinyes:

Anyway, if your doc tells you, that you have genital warts, than you have a STD. Unfortunately a good friend of mine :angel: got some as well last week and did some research on the net. Here is a advice from familiydoctor.org how to avoid HPV (the virus which is the cause of the warts):

The only way to make sure you don't get it is to avoid having sex at all, or to have sex only with someone who doesn't have HPV and is only having sex with you.
Fairly unrealistic, isnt it? The use of condoms can reduce the probability of catching HPV, but is no complete protection.

Unfortunately you can have HPV in your body for month without visible warts, which means if you change your girl frequently you will never know who passed the disease to you.

Different people/docs will tell you different ways how to get rid of them. Actually in the case of my friend :angel: the doc applied some brown liquid and handed out an ointment called Aldara which seems to be quite famous now. The difference to other ways of healing is that Aldara stimulates the immune system around the warts to battle HPV. Therefore hopefully the warts will not return soon or never. The disadvantage of Aldara is that it could take weeks to remove the warts. Maybe not the best treatment if you are on holiday in LOS. :: Other ways of healing are faster, but fight only the sympton and not the cause, which means HPV will stay in you skin after the warts are gone.

If you always slept with the same girl in the last months you should talk to her about HPV, maybe she should see the doctor too.

Had warts as well (very small and only a few). Without any medcine, they are gone now. They were diagonsed as warts, but I wonder what made them gone.

Ok, my knowledge is only second hand. Sometime the immune system is strong enough to battle HPV with out help. Like in your case.

Or many BJs in combination with many pussies did the trick ....

HaHaHa, if that would be the case you should start a clinical study immediatly (maybe with your self as guinea pig, so to speak). You could make a fortune with this new method. :grinyes: :grinyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Actually in the case of my friend the doc applied some brown liquid and handed out an ointment called Aldara which seems to be quite famous now. The difference to other ways of healing is that Aldara stimulates the immune system around the warts to battle HPV. Therefore hopefully the warts will not return soon or never. The disadvantage of Aldara is that it could take weeks to remove the warts.

A short update. Aldara did not work to my friend :angel:, it got even worse, so he saw the doctor today again. Now the doctor uses the stronger method applying PODOPHYLLIN, this brown liquid wich is applied by the doc ca. every third day until the warts are gone.

Archived