Mandarin bar closed?

ranma500

I was there Thursday night and had a great time. I didn't enter that bar last night, but walked by and it appeared to be open. The sign was not dark anyway.

I have heard there may be some movement of mamasans between Silver Dragon and Mandarin, but I think both were open last night.

As I mentioned in another thread, however, there did seem to be a heavy police presence in the plaza. Some bars that would normally have the ladies in various forms of undress did not and shows were canceled in Carousel and Hollywood 2.

Too bad if we have a post-holiday crackdown in progress. :(

Was in Rainbow 2 last night around 10, seemed a bit light on girls (though were still showing boobs). I spotted a girl I know there, in street clothes. She said they were expecting police to come by and were likely to have to give a urine sample. So the under-20s weren't dancing, and girls who "dtit yaa" were also staying away.

I'm not sure how this turned out, as after one beer a depth charge went off in my innards, forcing a retreat homeward to the sanctity of my personal porcelain.

thailuv,

it's an amphetamine, very much like 'speed', they smoke this stuff, it's some pretty bad shit, highly addictive, makes them 'ba' (crazy) 'ya' (medicine) = yaba, got the low down on this stuff this past november in pattaya, hanging out with several go-go girls, my steady from dollhouse gave me a complete report,, i'm pretty sure one that i BF'd from living dolls was on this stuff, cause she turned on me later that night, i could see it in her eyes........never seen the stuff but it reminds me of 'ice', the stuff we have on the islands...some girls take it to keep them skinny........anyway all i know is what i've been told......chok dee and stay clear from this stuff and the people who use (i heard it's pretty prevelant in pattaya)......kunsanook, delete this if you guys deem this appropriate, don't want to implement ........

I am curious about this heavy police presence. It sounds as though the police are letting the bars know beforehand which bars will inspected on any given night. Is that what is happening? If so, it also sounds like nothing more than annoying, but essentially harmless, window dressing.

I saw the table which had been set up about a month ago at the foot of the escalator, apparently for urine testing, although I did not know that until I saw more information on this board the following day. Does anyone know what is really going on?

I guess the litmus test is Bottoms Up - are they still bottomless? I think I'll need to do a bit of research this evening. ::

The male employee from Mandarin that got taken to the Cop Shop probably wouldn't agree with the word 'harmless' but then again he shouldn't have had those pills in his pocket! IMHO, Carrier / user of Drugs in Thailand = Damned fool.

It was harmless enough to the sanukers as far as I could tell but yes 'annoying' in that quite a few of the usual beauties that grace the stage of Silver Dragon were no longer in attendance for some reason [not off to the Cop Shop].

After the night of the 'table at the escalator and testing' incident that you mentioned I was told by one of the NEP bar managers that he was expecting one bar in NEP to be selected by the Police and all girls there tested at some point. Maybe last night was the night?

I also noticed that the 'Senior Manager' of BU was in attendance very early in the evening yesterday. Him there earlier than usual and a police raid on the same night? Coincidence surely ::

What did your Saturday night 'research' reveal? Is Mandarin closed? Are BU bottomless?

D

Archived