next day's entry stamp after midnight?

iuytrede

Says iuytrede:

BTW I have heard that if you leave on a flight let's say at 0:30, they will count the date printed in your ticket as the departure date, even if you check in before midnight. I don't know whether this is true or not.

This happened to me last week. My flight was for 0:15 on the 6th, but my exit stamp was the 5th as I cleared immigraion around about 11pm. No problems though.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

officially the big print in the immigration hall states your departure date is determined by your flight departure time & NOTthe time you clear immigration. however in aug. last year the officer was jay dee enough to stamp me out 4.aug even my flight ticket showed 5.aug 0020 & my entry stamp allowed me untill 3.aug. it seems your're in the exact same situation, so good luck :)

don't be alarmed though when you're asked to the 'overstay' desk to get cleared for the 1 day free overstay & even if you are asked to pay for the 2nd day - it's only 400bt & 200bt for any subsequent days...

Says ib13:

don't be alarmed though when you're asked to the 'overstay' desk to get cleared for the 1 day free overstay & even if you are asked to pay for the 2nd day - it's only 400bt & 200bt for any subsequent days...

and you think they do not write this in your record (on immigration computer)???

overstay = offend against immigration law

and if they do - what's the worry? if you mean I won't be allowed in you're mistaken as I've been stamped in 3 times since & every time prompt & with a smile :)

or if you mean you will only get a record if you overstay beyond 2 days I don't know what the consequences are - please enlighten me?

cheers!

i also do not know as i have never overstayed.

it just seems that they keep a record of everybody entering thailand. and i have heard, that they put a notice in the record of persons, who overstay.

i have not heard about any consequences. for sure you can enter the country again on a 30 days visa. but on anything beyond that? anybody any experience?

I'm sure it's no problem for future visits even if you do overstay. I have NEVER heard of ANY westerner getting knocked back at immigration on arrival. We are also supposed to have a forward ticket and sufficient funds, again, I've never heard of anyone being asked for these.

Says Redbaron:

Yeah, but it seems they just look at your passport and stamp you through. I've never noticed immi checking names against a computer or anything. This could be done beforehand though I guess.

for sure they put your name in the computer; however i don't know, which info from the immigration form is put in the computer..

Archived