next day's entry stamp after midnight?

iuytrede

My next scheduled arrival time in Thailand will be at 23:55, by the time I get to passport control it will probably be past midnight.

Are they going to give me the entry stamp of the next day?

(would be convenient for me, I might need the extra day)

BTW I have heard that if you leave on a flight let's say at 0:30, they will count the date printed in your ticket as the departure date, even if you check in before midnight. I don't know whether this is true or not.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My next scheduled arrival time in Thailand will be at 23:55, by the time I get to passport control it will probably be past midnight.

Are they going to give me the entry stamp of the next day?

a couple of months ago I arrived in BKK on a delayed UA 875 flight from Tokyo. Went through immigration around 12:30am. The stamp in my passport showed the date of the previous day. Maybe the lady at immigration forgot to change the date :)

I bet your on that Northwest Flight from Tokyo. Even if you arrive, and go through immigration well after midnight they mark your passport as entering Thailand the day before! So you have already lost one day of your visa time in Thailand. One of these times I'm going to ask the immigration officer if he can stamp the actual date and see what happens.

Then on the departure from Thailand you have to check in around 3:30am for that 6:00am departure. There goes another day of visa time.

So with a 30 day visa you are actually allowed only 28 days in Thailand. :cussing::banghead:

Says sanukdee:

I bet your on that Northwest Flight from Tokyo. Even if you arrive, and go through immigration well after midnight they mark your passport as entering Thailand the day before! So you have already lost one day of your visa time in Thailand. One of these times I'm going to ask the immigration officer if he can stamp the actual date and see what happens.

I asked one of the female officers in November if she could do that. It was after midnight. She just laughed and said "No, tonight is yesterday" Whatever the hell that means!

Archived