next day's entry stamp after midnight?

iuytrede

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time I arrived at the airport I was before the immigation booth 10 minutes before midnight and decided to wait for another day. However this was noticed and unsuccessful. When in good humor asking about it, I was told the day was changed according to the flight arrival time. So if your flight touches down before midnight, it does not matter whether you arrive before or after that time at immigration.

came in on a flight scheduled to arraive at 2359 (what a bloody schedule!); the touch down was close to 2400, after a long taxi drive we arrived at the dock singnificantly after midnight. arrived immigration after a long walk at 0015. when i asked to stamp with the new date, the supervisor came (the queue behind me enjoyed the discussion!!!). they looked up the screen showing the arrivals and there was 2355; the supervisor told me that the time of landing is applicable.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"came in on a flight scheduled to arraive at 2359 (what a bloody schedule!)"

Good old NWA, my current airline of choice. I can live with the midnight arrival time, but detest the 6:00 am departure date. A 9:00 am departure date would permit a fun night and some early last minute sanuk while still letting you rush to the airport.

Says shotover:

detest the 6:00 am departure date. A 9:00 am departure date would permit a fun night and some early last minute sanuk while still letting you rush to the airport.

The worst!!!! But it has never stopped me from a fun night before. When I stay at the Grand Pres, the BG can stay and sleep after I check out. Not so in hotels where there are mini bars for the maid to check.

The only good things about it are the lack of traffic to the airport, and sleeping all the way to Tokyo. One time after a very wild night in Soi Zero, I woke up on the plane with no idea how I got to the airport or memory of checking in. Was very happy to see two baggage claim checks in my posession!

Says rovineye:

Says shotover:

One time after a very wild night in Soi Zero, I woke up on the plane with no idea how I got to the airport or memory of checking in. Was very happy to see two baggage claim checks in my posession!

if you really had a reservation on that flight and did not intend to stay for another 2 weeks in LOS :devil: ::

Archived