20,000 bht Buriram

It would not be just her income that is reduced, but also her expenses.

Yes a very good point. The new bf friend should bear that in mind when working out a figure.

The big problem could be the family and their expectations for the cash flow to continue, if they are the demanding type. They may oppose her job change if the new salary is not up to their standards.

BTW, your job changing example is not valid, since she will *quit* working, not change jobs.

if the girl and new bf have not known each other for a long time, and she wants a 'contract' for a salary, it sounds to me like she is changing jobs. Not enough info, could be more to it. :dunno:

I have an image in my mind that Buriram is a dark dangerous place ::, maybe just my ignorance since i have never been there. Know two girls from there, they return every few months to recharge the magic spells they use on their farang bfs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"The big problem could be the family and their expectations for the cash flow to continue, if they are the demanding type."

Agreed, but chances are good that she wasn't sending more than a thousand Baht anyway.

"I have an image in my mind that Buriram is a dark dangerous place , maybe just my ignorance since i have never been there. Know two girls from there, they return every few months to recharge the magic spells they use on their farang bfs."

Nah, that would be Surin :)

Sanuk!

[color:"red"] only one thing i don't understand - why would she still need to go in the fields with that sort of monthly income? well, actually, the whole family won't need to go into the fields anymore.

[/color]

Now, now Fly, the woman wants to keep up her farming skill and communicating with other people. You just don't want her to just hang around the house playing with her children do you?

By the way, let us say, a simple person, upcountry who can spen $100 Baht/day for food and 2,000 Baht for utilities, 10,000/month sounds sufficient to me.

Cheers! ::

>>>Now, now Fly, the woman wants to keep up her farming skill and communicating with other people. You just don't want her to just hang around the house playing with her children do you?<<<

hey!

you've been living half your live in the US - you are not supposed to be sarcastic! ;)

10K a month - that would be a princely sum for most villagers. i know families who have that much disposable income per year.

well, she'll be a mia chao when he sends her the money - she'll know the rules, but i doubt that he does.

[color:"red"] you've been living half your live in the US - you are not supposed to be sarcastic! [/color]

Not really intended to be sarcastic. I have a feeling that a few people do enjoy the farming, hard work, but can be rewarding if the income is compatable with the cost of living. Sadly, that is not always the case.

There was a young girl with her brother who rented a room next door to my mother's house and went to HS there. This girl and her brother went to do the rice farming (out of the town) every weekend. Her family was doing the all-year rice farming and that family was one of the few farmers who seem to make adequate living. The parents have 4 children, 2 married and each of the kids have certain "rai" of land they are responsible, and whatever they make, it is all theirs. Fair I think. :bow:

The young lady I talked about graduated from the HS there and the last time I went to Thailand, she came to visit my brother and she was studying in a Uni. in Phitsanulok, in computers, as a matter of fact. :D She told me that she only does the farming between semesters only.

I think if there are more farmers like that, may be Thailand will not have to worry about progress.

Now, if ones make !0,000 Baht per year, this people have grown their own rice and so on, correct?

Jasmine :)

Works in one of those bars in Sukumvit area that have gogo dancers, more than three months not sure how long. Children have Thai father(s) part-time farmer(s). She has a 4th-6th grade education. Marginal English. Shares a room with 2-3 other bargirls/sisters while in Bangkok. She is a bit over 5 feet tall, brown skin, black hair.

Thats prertty close,except she is 5ft 5in(not a katoey),she works in a smaller city in Thailand,not known for great nightlife.

I would say she is a 6/7 in looks department.

Home is a very small farm ,they only grow enough vegatables to eat.

If she is telling the truth ,the only mouths to feed are the two kids and her mother.

She says she misses her family so much that she cries every night,and hates working at the bar.

Her husband run away because he was in trouble with the police over drugs.

All the above facts i did not put in my original post,as i knew it would influence the replies,and i did not want anyone being able to accuse me of making her sound bad.

I have met a number of girls who said they would take any resonable amount to get out of the scene and met some others who wouldn't quit for a baht less than some high figure she has in her mind.

Over years, I have spoken to a number of BGs about this exact question. When I tell them I have a Thai g/f. one of their first questions is often, "How much do you send her every month?"

They have all pretty much agreed that if they could find someone they could count on, then 10K a month would happily keep them at home. (We all know that may not end up to be the case. :banghead: )

Again, this would depend on their location, but outside of Bkk, most would live quite comfortably.

"By the way, let us say, a simple person, upcountry who can spen $100 Baht/day for food and 2,000 Baht for utilities, 10,000/month sounds sufficient to me."

Jasmine, I am rather surprised that you have fallen into the game of deciding what is a sufficient income for other people (about whom you know nothing). :nono:

Personally, I think all IT people in the US don't need more the $30K a year, that is more then enough to survive. Any more then that is just driving the price of IT support up to unreasonable levels.

TH

Archived