ex pat pay rates?

thai3

lazyphil said:

I sincerely admire these expat guys on such packages but I have to ask are their spouses earning anything like these amounts of money?? (we're talking a highly educated Thai to be able to???)--You know what the next question will be if they dont......

Don't think I understand the comment.

TH

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I sincerely admire these expat guys on such packages but I have to ask are their spouses earning anything like these amounts of money?

Look from another angle: if a Thai national is sent to UK or US to represent his company there, he will be on a package commensurate to living standard and costs there.

Would his wife be able to earn that money or something close to what local women with same education earn?

What was that "question if they don't"?

Guest lazyphil

ok point taken--I dont know if they do or not then--I doubt it but my original point was I guess that a low paid English teacher with a genuine relationship can sleep easier in the knowledge shes not gold digging him :dunno:--hey I'm just a bit pissed off some expats are living it up on big money and I cant--thats the bottom line :o ::

Still, the monthly rent for the apartment (I pay myself) is more than what expat English teachers are getting.

Perhaps just a wee little bit me thinks. :neener:

In keeping with this firm stance not to work for scab labor rates, the Blessed Virgin Yuki will not work for under 350 baht. And the clock starts from the moment she enters the room! :grinyes:

lazyphil said:

I'm just a bit pissed off some expats are living it up on big money

Hi phil,

I'm not complaining, but it is very hard work out here in these type of jobs. Hours are long, getting things done is frustrating and, with the hot climate, there is rarely enough energy at the end of the day to be "living it up". I'd rather be here than in UK, though.

Khwai

Archived