ex pat pay rates?

thai3

Guest lazyphil

Swings and roundabouts I guess. Life for me here isn't so bad but I would like to live in LOS--but as it stands my life is far more comfortable than it would be for me in LOS.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lazyphil said:

ok point taken--I dont know if they do or not then--I doubt it

What makes you doubt it?

My company has Thai nationals employed in the US. They get an adjusted salary and living allowance that puts them on the same level as other Americans they are working with.

lazyphil said:

but my original point was I guess that a low paid English teacher with a genuine relationship can sleep easier in the knowledge shes not gold digging him :dunno:

Actually, I would think the low paid English teacher would have more trouble sleeping. After all he is one working for peanuts and struggling to make ends meet and wondering if he can afford to keep up his end of the relationship.

I am very secure in my relationship, after all she as followed me to 5 different assignments in 4 different countries in 4 years. Some of them not the easiest places in world for a young Thai women.

Can that low paid English teacher be confident his wife/GF would do that?

lazyphil said:

--hey I'm just a bit pissed off some expats are living it up on big money and I cant--thats the bottom line :o ::

Well, I'm pissed off that Tiger Woods gets to play golf everyday and makes some 40 million USD a year doing it.

But you know what? He worked hard to get there and continues to work hard; and that is what the market says he should get.

Same for me.

:hubba:

TH

>> The jobs over 50k or 60k don't seem to get advertised on Ajarn. <<

I was not referring to the jobs advertised, I was referring to the members' contributions in the threads and to knowledge of people I know. When somebody claims he gets more than 40K, he is usually taken as suspicious.

No, I am not envious! ::

Are these expat jobs still available? What I have heard, they are definitely on the decline and many people coming to LOS are on a contract basis and getting a home-country-equal salary, minus(!) 25% because living is much cheaper.

No, I am not envious! ::

Are these expat jobs still available? What I have heard, they are definitely on the decline and many people coming to LOS are on a contract basis and getting a home-country-equal salary, minus(!) 25% because living is much cheaper.

>Are these expat jobs still available? What I have heard, they are definitely on the decline and many people coming to LOS are on a contract basis and getting a home-country-equal salary, minus(!) 25% because living is much cheaper.

Jobs are available but not in Thailand, people get sent from their home countries.

Never heard of anybody who would take a pay cut to come to Thailand. A sanuker maybe but an ordinary salary man - never.

Remember, most people think of living in Thailand is like living in Calcutta. Who would sacrifice any money for that? To make more, maybe, but less?

Guest lazyphil

<<But you know what? He worked hard to get there and continues to work hard; and that is what the market says he should get.

Same for me>>

:bow: :bow: :bow:--me nickname is lazyphil for good reason :o

<<I would think the low paid English teacher would have more trouble sleeping>>

Lets ask stickman--he seems pretty content but I'm sure there are examples to the contrary. If a tg stays with a relatively low paid English teacher then I still maintain he has something good going for him.IMO.

Archived