April's contest

khunsanuk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All,

Sent my pic in the other day to KS. I dunno. I think foodstalls is a legit and not very restrictive theme. There's tons of these around the country, and some are quite unique, interesting, amusing, etc. Food is a seperate theme I'd think, and one ND will probably use one month. As P127 points out there are many themes that can be thought up and used. I could do the same myself; mangy soi cats, ugliest BG, most pathetic looking street beggar, cops/meninbrown pics at work or slacking off, best street elephant shot, best betel nut stained smile pic, cute kids pic, old man/lady pic, women in traditional costume pic, best natural phenomenon pics, waterfalls, best LIVE bug pic, poisonous animals/creatures, best gogo bar sign/funniest sign, and on and on. Just as P127 said, I'm sure we can all come up with monthly themes to suggest to ND for future contests. This is just starting off, so I say give it a shot. Not every month's contest will be of interest to all or will have as many participants. But my pic for the month is in. ::

Cent

pattaya127 said:

hummmm...

food,

temple,

backsides (covered) ::

frontsides (no veil!)

bar shots

landscapes,

farangs (funny)

farangs (gross), or both at once...

your neck of the wood in LOS

street life,

nightlife (outside)

"your" Thailand (twice or thrice a year)

traffic,

Islands

plain funny shots,

shoobedoobedoowaaaa........... need i go on? :: ... You know I can! ::

And you call your themes not restrictive? :)

Both farang themes could be combined, same for landscapes and island and/or your neck of the woods, streetlife, "your" Thailand, barshots, nightlife. Backside and frontside as well...need I go on?? :)

Just shoot the damned pics :) I still need to send mine before May, probably Saturday and the (30th).

need I go on??

-----------------------

fine if they are, that makes even more my point. any theme that can hold in one word will most likely bring more pix. If people had been sending enough foodstalls pix to start the contest, i would not comment on the restrictive aspect of the theme.

And besides, KS says not evry pix sent to him is foodstall. out of 11!!!!

Just shoot the damned pics

-------------------------------------

They've been shot already. about 8 000 of them, 17 years ::. 5000 digital area.... one with pitzaadnuloke! :)

P,

I think the confusion from last month's contest, and the confusion over what this month's contest subject matter would be has hurt this Foodstall theme a bit, so there are less entries. But what the hell, hold the contest and we all move on to next month's Songkran theme. The winner gets his bottle of Champers and it's off to next months contest. Working the bugs out over some time will cure this and I think get rid of the past confusion, which will help each progressive month's contests.

I've a few Songkran village pics to send in. Just trying to pick which one/ones I will send in. Hopefully we can send in two pics as we were able for the Soi Dog contest. I can't decide yet which to send in! :: :)

Cent

Hi,

Actually we are at around the 15 or so entries, so not too bad.

A bigger problem is that since the attack the photo gallery does not recognize me as an Admin, which means I cannot upload any of the pics to the contest forum :(

We are trying to fix it, but I have no idea when I will have access again.

Sanuk!

Hi guys - I see a lot of great discussion on themes.

Just which you had particpated back when I asked for SUGGESTED THEMES.

These thems are NOT my invention, they are the boards.

I asked the BOARD to nominate themes, which it did.

I added a poll, and everyone that wanted and cared voted.

I then took the popular themes and made them the themes.

SOOOOO

If you think it;s restricitve, why did it get nominated and then voted for over other themes?

However, I am more than willing, as always, to open up some MORE suggestions for the monthers after December.

DOG

I am assuming you received mine. I did not get a confirmation.

I have a couple of great ones for Songkran. Can't wait.

Also, maybe a suggestion to put the equipment you used in the entry. This may help others who are shopping for a new camera or who are just information geeks.

Cheers,

SD

Archived