DONT GO TO AFTER SKOOL

Nervous_Dog

Hi guys,

I?ve been lurking on this board for a while, couldn?t let this topic pass with out comment.

After Skool has been at the rip off scam for years. I stopped going 3 years ago because of similar incidents when I visited with clients who were new to the scene. On one occasion the bill was more than 9000B for three customers (drinks only). When the problem was explained to the manager I.e. "in two hours 70-80 drinks couldn't have been consumed" he sided with the cashier who very loudly told us to feck off. The situation was embarrassing for my clients.

A mate who bar-hops in cowboy reports this is extremely common in this bar, he has often witnessed punters (usually new in town) with a grievance in this bar. Unfortunately most pay up as the manager is not afraid to strong arm customers a little.

Drink at this bar at your peril especially if you?re a newbie.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They followed you up to Midnite bar...............

Says enough to me :(

KhunJack said:

They followed you up to Midnite bar .. where as he said your buddy handed over some cash to you .. police arrived 10 minutes later .. but as he said said they lost you.

Jack

MrSmit said:On one occasion the bill was more than 9000B for three customers (drinks only). When the problem was explained to the manager I.e. "in two hours 70-80 drinks couldn't have been consumed"
9000 Baht!

so how much drinks did you and the girls really consume in two hours. how much did they mark up? 50% or 10% or how much? how many clients did you bring along and how many girls did surround you? what method did you use to count and how did you keep control about the situation? have you been in the naughty boys corner, at the bar or on the chairs along the opposite wall?

i have never spent over 9000 THB in this bar. but it has happened that i spent 2000-3000 baht alone with a couple of girls in less than two hours. and i always kept an eye on the bill and did not observe any irregularities....

LaoHuLi said:

If you buy any of that shit, you don't know Suadam.

Thanks for that, but I wasn't there for that one, but I know Dog and think that Gummy has the right idea that things are odd. But I am also sure that K. Jack was told this. Seems to me that the most likely scenerio is a bad cashier and a couple of girls into the old scam (most likely using a similar bin book, but one that is not the same as has been given to the cashier upfront). It has been done before and is easy to do *especially* if the manager is not there.

And I *was* with Dog & friend at Midnite for more than two hours sitting prominently in the big center booth. During this time he also went to Sam's 2000 (next door to AfterSkool) to order food and had it delivered to MN. So if people were *really* looking for him, they would have found him.

Cheers,

SD

so how much drinks did you and the girls really consume in two hours. how much did they mark up? 50% or 10% or how much? how many clients did you bring along and how many girls did surround you? what method did you use to count and how did you keep control about the situation? have you been in the naughty boys corner, at the bar or on the chairs along the opposite wall?

I was with two clients, and it was 3 years ago they probably marked up more than 40% and there were around 5-6 girls surrounding us. During the time spent in the bar we had no more than 5 beers each. The rest of the bill was made up of lady drinks. Admittedly the situation was not as controlled as it should have been as the main focus of the night was ensuring that the clients had a good time.

This is the only bar in Bangkok that I?ve had reason to boycott.

I had one incident of "an incorrect bill" there as well. Maybe an accident, maybe poor math, naybe a direct attempt at a scam. I questioned it, the girl (I always pull) backed me up, and the matter was taken care of, and the corret amount paid. It does happen in many places, there can be many factors. Frankly, I know Nervous Dog, and trust his story. The other 2 guys backing the bar I don't know, and come in under the "questionable" category, sorry guys if I am wrong.

Dog,

Next time I am in BKK, I will call my favorite girl from this bar, and meet her off the clock, thus scamming, or counter scamming the bar out of the bar fine! We will then drink in another bar on that money! 2 can play at this game! Of course, I hope it is resolved amicably...

so you were 3 guys having 5 beers each; and 6 girls assuming they were drinking at the same pace sums up to 45. often however the girls drink their small little glasses of coooolaaaa (filled up with a lot of ice) much faster away; if you let them order tequila the bill sums up even faster.

i am not defending the bar and the post of Khun Jack who is obviously very close to the Manager and his allegations makes me very suspicious! however quite often guests underestimate the bills in particular if they are in groups and in a party mood.

and at the address to Khun Jack: it is good to know, that the content of such threads is transfered to the manager and the owner and this should be a warning for them to keep their employees better under control. in particular in such bars, where the comission part is high (i believe that they get 50% of the drink price as comission; there is only a small salary paid to those who dance, but the non dancers gets paid by comission only) attempts to rip off customers are likely!

Thanks for the heads up, DOG. Bad timing though, especially as my favorite instructor just returned from upcountry.

I guess with golden hindsight this was always an accident waiting to happen: Lots of customers arrive at Afterskool already pretty well-lit, and once you're mobbed it can be easy to lose track of the bills.

On a boring note, I closed the place down the other night and it took me a good half-hour to get my change. The bar wasn't even that crowded. I strongly suspected at the time that the cashier was hoping I was too drunk or stupid to remember that she still owed me several hundred baht.

Khun Jack,

Thanks for one of the oddest posts I've seen for quite some time. I wish I'd written it myself, though I like to think the humor and fractured logic would have been intentional in my case.

So the owner watched DOG argue the bill and said nothing? Right.

So DOG went to Midnite and you, I mean "the owner', lost him. Right.

So the owner tried to sic the police on a longtime customer. Right.

So the owner refers to DOG as "this falang". Right.

Your post has actually made me much less inclined to go back to Afterskool than DOG's original post.

In DOG We Trust

It usually is the cashier that is up to no good in these sort of scams.

Getting ripped off in bars in LOS is common and i think many guys don't know when it is being done.

I would estimate at least 20% of the bills i get are wrong.

The main way it is done from my experience is not by adding extra drinks but by incorrect addition. In many cases it is not a whole lot of money but maybe 100 baht or less but it is very common. Most guys probably don't go through and add up all the chits but i always do and I can tell you they are wrong more often that they should be. When i point out the error to the cashier they do correct it but i always ask how they can make mistakes with a calculator and i can add them up in my head.

As for After Skool I believe it is one of those place where things can get confused very easily with 3 or 4 pooyings rubbing you here there and everywhere and the drinks flowing etc. This sort of confusion creates the ideal atmosphere for rip offs.

It seems to me that the staff in After Skool tried to 'play' with the wrong person at the wrong place in the wrong time.

Twice within a short timeframe may indicate a pattern here as well.

Hanging with the DOGS!!!

Archived