Friday meetings change?

TheBelgianDog

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont see anything wrong with him asking to have the friday meet in his place.

if i had a bar and was on this board it would be a good laugh if i had people coming around to my bar every meet.

although i havent been to gullivers(in suk) from reading and hearing about it on this board it seems to have something special about it for the friday meets that the regulars will miss/not want to miss. :dunno:

For purely selfish reasons, I'd say this is a good idea. I hate Gulliver's -- the food's lousy, the service is mediocre, and they always give a hassle if bringing in a bag or briefcase. And I hate even going to that area of Suk (between the highway and Asoke). YMMV.

Regards,

SD

SD: Having attended only one meeting, I don't get to comment. But I just want to concur that I also hate Gulliver's. The last place I want to go when visiting Thailand from California is a bar in Thailand that tries to make you feel like you're in California.

I had the same opinion of The Living Room when guys from another board were meeting there, only the place was not quite as bad.

WHy not buy our own club house? Or a bar? :)

It's been considered in the past...a boutique type of hotel (guys from another board). I think that KS has enough membership here to actually pull it off, given the desire and the capital. Not that board members would completely support the place, but they'd certainly help the cause.

So as not to alienate the other potential guests, the place should not be totally geared toward board members, but a place we're all aware of, IMHO.

A couple of boutique hotels seem to be doing fairly well through association with the BTF forum, as advertisers.

It's a full time job though, maybe two.

First about the hotel.

They already have the friday "meetings" at the T club.

They also have the monthly roundtables.

About my question.

I felt free to ask this as I sponsor the board and received the permission from KS.

I am happy there are no flames, everybody gave his opinion.

For Topcatta: In fact, (my bar is by far smaller than gullivers) the idea if the friday meeting switches there is to make it a private party, so basically the bar area with sofas would be re-arranged and booked for the board.

Anyway, a wise friend told me, let them visit your bar first and then they will either hate it or love it.

Till now, we received 3 board members and I think they were quite satisfied, just hope to satisfy more.

Cheers

Archived