Gulliver's Tonight (9th March)?

MooNoi

I AM CRUSHED. Absolutely crushed. At 18:40, I raced down Sukhumvit from my hotel on '

Soi 15, dodging the mass of tourists standing on the narrow path in the sidewalk, who were carefully inspecting the rare treasures displayed on the tables. I Eventually stepped into and progressing along the traffic lanes of Sukhumvit itself to avoid the constipated crush on the sidewalk. It was time for the meeting at Gulliver's, and I arrived only a minute or two after 19:00, filled with eager anticipation at the chance of finally meeting the legendary [color:red]Firey Jack![/color]

That is when I realized that my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity had yet to arrive. [color:red]Firey Jack![/color] was nowhere to be seen, at least as far as I could tell.

Khunsanuk was at the other end of the table from where I sat but even though there wasn't an opportunity to chat, it was nice, seeing his cheerful visage. I sat a little closer to Nervous_Dog, and as usual he disbursed wisdom and humor concerning life in Thailand that is ub-obtainable by any other means. A few minutes with Nervous_Dog is in itself, well worth a trip to Gulliver's.

Things were discussed at that meeting that cannot be discussed elsewhere, especially on this forum, but they were most fascinating. I only wish I could mention them here, but it would be too dangerous to do so.

A long time friend, whose real-world name starts with "P", but might not post on this board (hence no board name), was also there, disbursing interesting information. Yes, in spite of itsmedave's return to the U.S., there are still some working teachers who show up to these meeting.

Another good friend, Zen4dummies, arrived late with his girlfriend and her cousin in tow, adding some fun and humor to the mix.

Several other board members were present and contributed a lot to the discussions at hand. Because of my poor memory for names, their's escape me. I hope to meet them at future meetings, so I have a chance to learn their names.

I really enjoyed night's meeting with some old friends and a few new acquaintances. I will try to schedule more trips to Bangkok so that they include a Friday night.

By the way, the following was heard at Friday's meeting when one of the members arrived in a suit:

Q: What do you call a farang in a suit?

A: A defendant. :D:D

Ok, maybe not the most significant bit that I picked up last night, but this one makes me smile every time I think about it.

So...Who was whose name I failed to learn?

That Suit part was most facinating, especially given the man in question recent "Incident" with a crazy girl.

I seriously thought he'd been released on bail and the story would be good!

Mr G was the chap beside me, loooong time Thai resident then moved away, and after his discovering that Soi 7 Beer garden rocks between 3 and 5 he is thinking of making a return.

His line of the night which I loved, refering to a girl he'd had 1/2 and hour previously "Then she said, 'Many of my customers think I am a katoey, but I'm not'"

WOW,

Archived