FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

Hahaha nice one Munchie :grinyes:

Junglesoup,

Definitely agree that no player is worth such amount of money. Even if he does well.. that money can buy 3-4 very good players. I think that's what's in the back of Atletico's mind.

But about Torres.. he definitely has the quality and consistency to do very well.. that's his advantage over 'smaller names'. He can still become a flop of course but only few aspects can contribute to that.

Not to mention the commercial benefits of getting a big name (shirt sales).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Liverpool's defensive style of play is to blame for many underachieving att.-minded players.

Look at the strikers and attacking midfielders how much defensive work they need to perform compared to other teams. I noticed that when I was looking for answers. Along with players not always playing in their best position. (think Gerrard, Zenden (he's crap already, but even worse if he's plays outside his comfort zone) Cisse, Bellamy (high inconsistency is part of the problem which is why he is good, not great) ...

Liverpool has started to use a little more offensive playing style and that may make their defense a little more vulnerable but overall much stronger as he gets way more out of the mid and front line players.

Time will tell.. :)

there you go Zaad.

Rio-Coker joins The Villians and another promising career starts to go downhill........ :neener:

i remember Years ago when R-C and another Player from Wimbledon were being chased by Pompey as teenagers.

the deal was almost done for quite a big fee for the pair of them.

Pompey were prepared to pay a kot more than West Ham finally did for R-C.

Zaad,

Zenden is off to OM (Olumpiqe Marseille).

For such an average player he's played at some remarkable clubs;

PSV, Barca, Pool, OM.

So true! Hey Limbo, thats quite a positive article I posted about the Arsenal finances? Things are looking brighter.

Come om Silva!

Archived