FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

Arsenal have just signed this guy, Bacary Sagna a 24 yo French defender. Never heard of him but then that probably applies to a lot of supporters and their clubs signings. For sure Teddy had never heard of Babel but now won't stop talking about how good he is! :dunno:

sagna_sign4.jpg

French defender Bacary Sagna has signed for Arsenal from Auxerre on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

Sagna (24) who won the French Cup with Auxerre in 2005, was recently called up to the French national squad, where he was an unused substitute in his countryâ??s Euro 2008 Qualifier victory over Georgia in June.

Bacary, who was born in France but has Senegalese parents, has been a regular for Auxerre over the past three seasons, making 87 appearances for the French side during that time. Featuring predominantly at right back, Sagna played a part in Auxerreâ??s UEFA Cup campaign last season.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: â??We are delighted to have signed Bacary Sagna. He is a very capable defender and has played consistently well for Auxerre in recent seasons. He plays mainly at right back, but can also play along the defence or in midfield. He is strong, quick and enjoys defending but also has a good offensive side to his game. He has a fighting spirit and will be a very good addition to our squad.â?Â

Sagna said: â??It is great to be joining Arsenal and Iâ??m excited to be playing alongside many great players. I know Abou Diaby from our time together at Auxerre and also Gael Clichy and Mathieu Flamini from the French Under-21 team. Also Arsène Wenger is a major reason why I have signed for Arsenal. He is an excellent manager with a fantastic record and I am really looking forward to working with him. Iâ??m also looking forward to playing at Emirates Stadium and winning trophies for the Club and all the supporters.â?Â

Bacary will wear the No 3 shirt for Arsenal and will immediately join up with his new team mates.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...leave the guy alone.

the scarring on his neck due to an accident involving boiling water when he was 10 Months old.

he has always refused cosmetic surgery to remind him of his roots.

I wonder if this will have any effect on the Tevez transfer?

"Brazil orders Berezovsky arrest

A Brazilian judge has ordered Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky to be arrested following money-laundering allegations linked to a Sao Paulo football club.

The judge also ordered the arrest of two of Mr Berezovsky's associates, including Kia Joorabchian whose MSI company has a major stake in the team.

Defence lawyers have denied any wrongdoing at the Corinthians club.

Mr Berezovsky, who lives in exile in the UK, said the warrant stemmed from the Kremlin's actions against him.

Brazilian federal judge Faustus Martins de Sanctis on Thursday ordered the arrest of Mr Berezovsky, Mr Joorabchian and a third associate, Nojan Bedroud."

i think Mr.J will be ok.

he attended a party thrown by Gordon Brown the other Night........friends in high places and all that.

but i wonder if there will be a transfer with all the confusion concerning the Players status.

from what i can understand about it MU want to seal a loan deal like the Mascherano deal with Liverpool and there didn't seem any problems over that one.

no clear evidence of who 'owns' Tevez as far as i can see.

but i think the English Football Authorities are trying to cover their arses by trying to justify their leniant treatment of WH.

they know that if any money goes to Mr.J then it will finally prove that WH lied at their 'trial' and they will be proved guilty of a major fuck-up.

i just wait for the photo of Tevez wearing the Red of MU a la Paul Ince and see what happens then.

I was feeling a bit pissed off yesterday evening, just got back to BKK after spending a week in Singapore only to be told I have to go to Seoul Next week.

This morning my mood changed, I just received an email from the Contractor I am visiting saying.

"Dear Mr Mekong, We know that you are a Manchester United Fan so we wish to invite you to our Corporate box at the Seoul World Cup Stadium on Friday 20th June for the FC Seoul v Manchester United Match"

I am in a better mood now :grin:

Classic Wenger buy. He's seen as the long term replacement for Sagnol for the French national side. He's a very good defender.

Wenger has not bought a winger as yet and most fans including myself thought we needed a classic winger who can beat his man wide, put in decent crosses and score. Hleb is not a scorer and Rosicky is a center mid asked to play wide. He can score but is not a classic winger. If Wenger doesn't buy a winger, some gooners are guessing that he's going to move Eboue up to the midfield. Eboue has been great going forward as a RB but lacks concentration and positional sense when he's defending at times. He has more pace than Hleb and put in some decent crosses last season, one of which got us the winner v. Man Yoo and RvP's wonder goal v. Charlton.

Everyone has bought big except us and its worrying but I have to trust Wenger. Finishing killed us last season. DaSilva is supposed to be the answer for that. RvP has a killer final ball as well as being a decent dead ball player. We played decent enough v. Chelsea, Man Yoo and Liverpool last season, only losing to Liverpool away amongst the top 3 sides so its not that we're not good enough. If we get people to take advantage of the chances that went begging last season, because we do create chances, then we'll be okay. Even more than okay.

Right now it has to be said that man yoo look very strong and I wouldn't argue with anyone who see them as the favorites. Chelsea has to be close behind and Liverpool seem to have bought enough to secure 3rd again at a minimum and depending on how their players gel, could knock off one of the two top sides if one of them falter.

I think we'll do better than people think we will.

Archived