CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 07/08

sayjann

I've been waiting to start the CL compie but site was being updated until very recently. The postponed Sevilla - Athens match was the likely cause.

Anyways, Sayjann saved me some time on that. :up:

As for Celtic.. Let's hope they carry on their 'form' into the CL as well :D

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hmmm:

less than 25,000 at Chelsea's Game.

not a good omen for a Team who profess themselves as one of the biggest in England.

all those empty seats will be embarrassing to that idiot Kenyon.

and they dropped ticket prices......

and i bet Zaad is still happy that his Team drew one of the Italians.... :grinyes:

Chelsea in a bit of a slump and have to go to OT without Drogba and Lumpard possibly. Great opportunity for the mancs. They won't be offered a better opportunity to beat the blues.

Despite what Chelsea supporters have been saying they have had trouble selling out the Bridge. Even during big games, often having to wait late to sell out. A few folks on one of my Arsenal forums have posted links that indicate tickets werw for sale before big matches.

Obviously bad result. I think part of the problem is too much meddling from Roman. He has told Jose to play more attractive, attacking football. The problem is Jose has bought a squad designed for a different type of football. Of the few players who can do that in his squad, one was sold (Robben). Also, he has a manager that doesn't know how to play that type of football or at the least, not accusometed to it. If he wants attacking football he needs a manager who has the mentality for that type of tactic and the squad to do it.

Seville are a class side and any thing can happen tonight. It should be entertaining for the neutrals.

A draw at Porto is not a bad result for LFC.

Good result last night bearing in mind that it was probably the worst we have played in the CL for the past 3 years. It should be a great match at the Emirates tonight with hopefully both teams going for the win.

I hear Maureen has Fatboy Lampard on a new training regime in an effort to get him fit for the ManU game

6321.gif

The problem is Jose has bought a squad designed for a different type of football. Of the few players who can do that in his squad, one was sold (Robben). Also, he has a manager that doesn't know how to play that type of football or at the least, not accusometed to it. If he wants attacking football he needs a manager who has the mentality for that type of tactic and the squad to do it.

Exactly, which goes without saying that Roman may call himself a football fan but he knows very little about the tactical aspect of the game.

You can't just bring an idea and expect people to follow it with a snap of the fingers, they've been raised and grown into it. Been training for years to keep up the development and level of performance. It's what they think, what they breathe, what they smell... it's who and what they are and nothing he'll say or do can change that, well, not short-term.

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Roman knows as much (or more accurately as little) about football as all of us on this forum. Having more money than God doesn't mean you know the sport enough to meddle like he does. He's simply a fan before he bought Chelsea. Nothing in his background suggests anything more than that.

That kind of money brings with it a certain amount of arrogance. He's spoiled rich boy.

Great win for The Arsenal tonight. 3-0 flattered us a tad but deserved win nonetheless. Seville are a class side and looked dangerous. Especially early on. At this rate Fabregas is making a claim for the POTY and Young POTY awards if we keep getting the results and he keeps putting in those kinds of performances. Sagna and Clichy are fast becoming the best bookend fullbacks in the league.

Didn't see the Man Yoo match but a 1-0 win for them. Any win away in the ECL has to be a good thing.

Archived