CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 07/08

sayjann

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And they that fans of the Old Firm dont get along! :)

Anyhoo. back to business tomorrow night and its the biggest test on Wednesday for my big game routine. My mojo does seem to be strong but away in the Nou Camp? Eeek!

One thing that does disappoint is the ticket allocation for away fans. We have got only 5000 tickets and there are reportedly 20,000 en route. I just hope that Barca do sell them tickets near the rangers area ( ticket sales are supposedly slow to their own fans but without a spanish id are hard to get a hold of) or have some sort of large open air venues to watch the match.

Anyone remember how many tickets they gave to the english teams in the last few years?

Good to see I had a massive match day 3 with 74 points and only 3 points separate the top 3 - mostly cause of young fabregas, thank you sir.

when i was in Barcalona for the 99 Final(obviously Barca were not involved)i went without a ticket.

bought one from a Spainish fella for 150 Quid..... :yikes: ......but well worth it in the end...... :yay:

but the annoying thing was that the locals were allowed to buy unlimited tickets and sell them on.

why weren't the Fans taking part in the Final allocated the tickets?.

got a problem tonight...........

do i watch Zaad's Benfica get beaten at Celtic and have a good laugh.... :rotl:

or hopefully see Liverpool crash out of the CL..... :chili:

:hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...

BERNE, Nov 16 (Reuters) - Benfica midfielder Augustin Binya has been handed a six-match European ban by UEFA for a tackle on Celtic's Scott Brown during a Champions League match.

UEFA announced the punishment on Friday following a meeting of its disciplinary body a day earlier.

Binya, who received a red card for the 85th minute foul, will now miss his club's last two Group D matches -- AC Milan on Nov. 28 and at Shakhtar Donetsk on Dec. 4.

Celtic won the Nov. 6 match 1-0 to climb above Benfica into third place, three points behind leaders AC Milan.

If Benfica fail to progress in the Champions League or gain access to the UEFA Cup via the group's third place, the remaining four matches of the ban will be served out in future campaigns.

The Cameroonian can appeal against the decision within three days of receiving the disciplinary panel's written reasoning.

Possibly the worst tackle I have ever seen, here it is for those who may have missed it....

What a twat!

Archived