CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 07/08

sayjann

the last few Weeks i've enjoyed hearing the Commentators mention the name of a Russian Player.

don't know the spelling but pronounced Jerk-off...

sometimes the Commentators change it a little to Zherk-off.

Zaad will be happy with Benfica beating Celtic and Ultra's will also be happy i imagine.

Liverpool are in trouble,might not even qualify for the UEFA Cup if they do not pull their fingers out their arses.

Milan looked good,Kaka was excellent and 2 brilliant Goals from Seedorf.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....Liverpool are in trouble,might not even qualify for the UEFA Cup if they do not pull their fingers out their arses....

They might have to do more than that. :smirk:

Actually Arsenal were in the same position in the 2004/05 season, when we only took 1 point from the first three matches and then won the next three to win the group (including a fantastic 5 v 1 away win over Inter Milan :) ).

I remember that clearly. One could even argue that beating Inter in Italy was a bigger accomplishment than Man Yoo beating Roma last season but I digress..hehehe...

This may end up hurting LFC in the EPL as they will have to make sure key players are ready for the CL matches and they may not field a strong enough side before a CL match and may need to rest the key players in the matches after the CL.

Some like Sayjann poo pooing the competition in the 7-0 win (I think they are league leaders as well) and I don't mind it. I want everyoen to underestimate Arsenal. We play better with a bunker mentality anyway.

Chelsea are quietly going about things. They are winning both in the EPL and europe. They can't be ruled out of any competition despite their obvious problems.

Some like Sayjann poo pooing the competition in the 7-0 win

Steve, great result for Arsenal and an excellent performance brilliant game to watch, I am a fan of Football who happens to support my home city club.

I think what SJ was getting at was the fact it happened in a group game, if Arsenal were to hit seven against one of the stronger european teams at the quarter final stage (not that it did us any good) then I may pay notice. I am not taking anything away from Arsenal's performance it was entertaining to watch.

Looking forward to the 3rd November, brother in law has corporate box at Ashburton Grove (and he is Man U scum in your eyes), so another weekend of football is on the cards. We will claim bragging rites in the fourth

I still can't laughing at Liverpool!

i don't know what Steve said because i don't bother reading his posts anymore but i get the gist from your reply.

far from poo-pooing Arsenals performance i seem to recall saying some nice things about them from what i saw in the brief highlights i saw.

but i recall saying something like the performances on Tuesday were different because of circumstances.

4 Goals away in Kiev was good in my eyes as was Asenal's win.

and 4 Goals away from home in the Ukraine (with chances to double it) is a very good result.

i still maintain that Prague are not a very good Team but judging by their recent record neither are Kiev.

but MU are only the 2nd English Team to ever win in Kiev.

but i will say that i think MU's Game against Roma last Season was a better performance than Arsenal's against Prague.

i may be wrong but i think if a poll was taken between Players and Managers of European Teams they would vote Roma as a much better Team than Prague.

i don't know how good Roma are compared to other Italian Teams as i don't follow the League but i think they were pretty good last Season.

MU's 7 Goals against them was a one-off,i don't expect to see that again.

just as i don't expect to see Arsenal score 7 against a top European side again this Season.

but as Mekong says when Arsenal score 7 against a top Italian or Spanish side i will certainly clap my hands and say that they were good.

unlike Steve i find it quite easy to say that other Teams (including Arsenal) have performed well.

i suppose if MU beat the Arse in a couple of Weeks it will be because of some excuses.

dodgy Ref.

offside Goal.

Allardyce will be blamed because he had a fried egg for breakfast 3 Days earlier.

Allardyce will be blamed because he was in England at the time......etc.

if Arsenal win i will give them my Congarulations now and say they were superb and deserved nothing less.

now i don't have to say anything after the fact as i have said how brilliant Arsenal were.....

I was taking a bit of what you guys call the piss but I guess if I do it, its wrong. Man Yoo's win over Roma was definitely a bigger accomplishment than ours v. Prague. I didn't disagree with that, all I'm saying is that our win at Inter 5-1 may be a bigger achievement than Man Yoo's win over Roma. It may have been a group game but the circumstances was that it was a must win for us to qualify out of the group. We were having a horrid time and were either last or second to last in the group and needed a win. It was in Italy and how many times does any club score more than a goal against Italian sides.

Also, Prague may not be as bad as some think. They lead their league. The Czech league isn't la liga but neither is the Ukrainian league. However, that's not to say the win their isn't good. Its great and so was the Roma win.

unlike Steve i find it quite easy to say that other Teams (including Arsenal) have performed well.

i suppose if MU beat the Arse in a couple of Weeks it will be because of some excuses...

if Arsenal win i will give them my Congarulations now and say they were superb and deserved nothing less...

now i don't have to say anything after the fact as i have said how brilliant Arsenal were.....

A few snippets from some of my recent posts. I take the piss on man yoo. I hate them, sperz, chelsea..no different than any Arsenal fan really.

Man Yoo looking strong, even on the road in europe

and

Didn't see the Man Yoo match but a 1-0 win for them. Any win away in the ECL has to be a good thing.

and

man yoo looking very good at the moment. Its going to be a great match against us. I was hoping villa would get something out of it but they were put to the sword.

I was congratulated man yoo last season when they won the title. When Arsenal have won the title I've never gloated and rubbed it in anyone's noses. I was happy and said I was happy about it but didn't rub noses in it.

I seem to recall when man yoo won a few years ago, past posts from the banter of the season was posted back and noses rubbed in by a certain member.

I'm not sure I've said it on this forum but I have said this on Arsenal forums a week or two ago that I think the game at Liverpool will be easier than the game at home to Man Yoo becaus we rarely dominate Man Yoo, even in wins. We've had games like last season where we have completely dominated Liverpool at Anfield. That last season's games both home and away could have went either way.

Archived