Bringing my wife to the US

Weird

I'm currently working on getting all the information/papers/work done to bring my Thai wife to the US.

For the part about the medical examination, where should that be done? Or any recommendations on a place to get all the shots/immunizations (and a list of the ones needed, I can't seem to find the list anymore).

Much appreciation,

Thanks.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, Congratulations!!

Secondly, the requirements will vary from Country to Country, so suggest you either check with the US website...or the Embasssy in Bkk

You will probably need Police checks as well...these I think are through Special Branch, on Rama 9

It's a tedious task, but I wish you well and all the best for your future life together

Cheers DS/DC....ever the Romantic

Merry Xmas

Once your approved petition from the USCIS arrives at the embassy in Bangkok, the embassy will send out "Packet 3" which includes the medical form. My wife had her's done at Bumrungrad. Took about two hours and cost a couple of thousand Baht. Painless.

Good Luck,

HSTEACH

Physical examination has to be done at embassy approved hospital. In addition to the one mentioned earlier you can also go to Bangkok Nursing Home Hospital on Soi Convent off Silom (Sala Daeng BTS station). You will given a "sealed" package of the results and you cannot open it or it will not be allowed by the embassy.

Good luck!

My wife went to Bumrungrad.. Took her I think she siad about 1 to 2 hours.. Took to much blood she said.555

Also she came over on a K1 visa. Had to do police report. They sent it to her I believe. Don't open any envlopes that must be sealed. Like prior poster said you open. You're turned down. Tampering with U.S. records.

Good Luck to you both. My wife now has a 2 year card.

I know the change of status fees have gone up :banghead: :onfire:

Finer prints and photo's easy deal. We did'nt have an interview in the U.S. only at Bangkok.

Just be prepared to fill out paperwork. Oh. Make sure you have copy of her birth record and also get it translated into english also.

Ok, that clears somethings up. Thanks guys.

Does this sound right? I'll be doing this after Christmas.

So I'll submit the initial forms, the I-130 (petition for alien relative), the G-325 (Bio forms, 1 for me and 1 for her).

What about the I-864 for affidavit of support? Should that be submitted with the above forms?

Then we have to wait for approval and then a packet will be sent to her with further instructions for medical records/ police records/ interview?

Well check with the INS web site. Or if your in the states call the 800 number and remember to press 1 for ENGLISH. You will need copies of your tax records also. Well I had to on a K1. We went through a visa lawyer in BKK. for the K1. The change of status in the states I did myself.

Used the lawyer for the time and hassle savings for me with my work.

I also had to submit my divorce records to show

I was a legally single guy.. Go figure

You going to the Nervous Dog Xmas party? If so we can chat there. I helped a friend do this last year. Should still be the same procedure...

Cheers,

SD

And here I am thinking my invite was exclusive :confused:

I've got a couple of little green bottles shaped like a very famous icon sitting here when you arrive downunder.

Pays to shop around $18 a six-pack :beer:

Archived