Minutes of The Meeting Please

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to Lusty 'cos I am well pissed off tonight - Friday 22.

There are too many fucking threads about changes of venues and I've just come back from a bar called 'Down Under' in Soi 7/1 tonight which quite obviously wasn't the meeting place. My bad, or is it? Is it fuck.

I get up to Bangkok once every Preston Guild and Gulliver's (or Woodstock) was always reliable. Now, it's "this week we go here, next week we go there, my mate has a bar that's great..." bollocks. Frankly it ain't worth the fucking bother running around.

Someone sort it out. I was looking forward to tonight 'cos I always enjoy popping in but all these threads (and some gobshite's sarcasm) all over the place... fuck that.

In desperation (well, it was on the way back to the land of the living)I went in Gulliver's and I understand there needs to be a change of place; that joint fucking sucks.

Down Under Soi 23

No booze obviously, 4 of us, not bad for a booze free night and cowboy was in total darkness.

Went upstairs to Mezzanine, not a bad area and there is another floor higher still, but still no booze!

Food was better and cheaper than both Gullivers and Old Dutch, drinks more expensive, but we spoke to the owner who could do us a deal.

AGAIN, one of the attendees made problems with his outlandish behaviour, however this time it wasn't me like last week, rather our fearless leader KS who stole some poor bastards dinner.

I mean, does Chicken Parmagane look ANYTHING like a Chicken Foccasia?

NO

Thank god it was a booze free night, no idea how he would have been if we gave him a drink!

All in all, a good spot, however I am going to suggest one more place, Ship Inn, across the road.

We should be able to decide after that, but if others have more suggestions that gets a few seconders, then I'm open, as long as it's in the same area as Old Dutch and Down Under.

CTO

I thought I'd never been to the Down Under, but going through some papers yesterday I found I had their business card. Was I so wasted some night that I don't even remember being there?

:hmmm:

At least the places you've considered so far are easy enough to get to.

p.s. How about setting up some tables underneath Asoke near the underground entrance. It's cool enough down there. Buy booze and drinks from the street vendors. :)

Hi,

Carew, sorry we missed you. You were at the right venue, Down Under, but might have missed us as we were upstairs and left quite early.

There were only 4 of us, JayC, AussieDoug, CTO and me. AussieDoug left right after dinner and JayC had to be back by 8pm as he was expecting friends. That left CTO and me and we decided to just call it a night at that point as well. Was around 8pm.

"Someone sort it out."

We are in the process of doing just that. And so far I'd say Down Under looks like a pretty decent option. I rather liked their upstairs, but do not know if we could have the entire area to ourselves on a normal Friday night.

Food was good, even though I have the wrong dish. I had ordered Chicken Foccacio and when they brought CTO's food and gave me Chicken Parmagian, I just figured they'd fucked up :)

Didn't want to make a problem out of it, so just started eating it. And of course, 2 minutes later they bring the Chicken Foccacio :)

Oh, the owner seems like a nice guy as well and as CTO mentioned there was talk of possible privilege cards.

Sanuk!

Archived