Shirt slogan translation

HeartThais

Translate this shirt

From stickman's site:

"And the guy pictured above wasn't the only foreigner making a fool of himself in Thailand this week. What about the guy pictured left who was wearing this T-shirt down at the Chaophya River yesterday. Ask a Thai friend to translate the slogan. Surely he had no idea what it means and the purchase decision was made because the characters looked cute? Surely?!"

Doesn't this merely say "crazy"?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe he was told it meant "son of a bitch" or "crazy guy" and decided it was cool/ok to wear? up to him anyway...

On a side not, I seem to recall a certain internet personality being pissed off when his picture and identity were revealed to all on the net, yet this same person is posting other people's pictures for the purpose of what? ridicule?

Several years ago, I was on the Skytrain when a very well dressed, middle class woman and what was clearly her daughter, around sixteen or so got on. The girl was wearing a T-shirt that had "Fu*k" printed on it in about 20 places.

She was carrying a heavy manila envelope and I could only wonder if they were on their way to some kind of important interview.

I knew there was no way I could communicate the inappropriateness of this apparel without creating a very awkward scene so I bit my tongue and said nothing.

I've always wondered if the mother ever found out. After that, I never bought another T-shirt with script I couldn't read.

i see Thais wearing T-Shirts with insulting english text pretty often.

i have also a couple of T-Shirts with some rather frivolous text in thai which i used to wear when going out in bar areas...

but "ai ba" is IMHO not funny at all!

Archived