Shanghai - where to go on Tongren Lu

HeartThais

After SD's tongren lu adventure, I just have to go check it out. My native shanghai friends, who are a couple of huge whoremongers, have never been there! They go to karaoke places that are overpriced (a night of fun will set you back about $500/person) or for quick fucks, the sauna/massage places ($120/girl for single shot).

So anyone have info on which bars to visit and how the lady drinks and tipping works?

The "girlie bars," which are free-lancer joints, are on Tongren Lu just north of Nanjing Xi Lu.

HT: there is no lady drink nor bar fine, as these are freelancers and they do not work for the bar. My local friends say the going rate for local expats is ~800RMB (pretty much all LT, ST is rare), so that's your goal, but the negotiation will start at 2000RMB!

The other tip is that, like Patpong, give the upstairs bars a miss...unless you really know what's going on & speak the local lingo or just like losing a lot of money.

There are other places, like Malone's, on the part of Tongren Lu south of Nanjing Xi Lu, but they not hooker bars (tho' a few are usually present), just expat bars. I guess you could throw Blue Frog & Manhattan in that group, despite being located in the hooker bar area.

Cheers,

SD

The "girlie bars," which are free-lancer joints, are on Tongren Lu just north of Nanjing Xi Lu.

HT: there is no lady drink nor bar fine, as these are freelancers and they do not work for the bar. Cheers,

SD

Sorry Tiger...that is not accurate.

There ARE lady Drinks...usually 60 - 70 RMB per drink

Bar Fines...you are correct....but from what "A little Bird" told me ...the ones employed by the Bar...(Cos they are NOT all freelancers..) are not allowed to leave before xxx am

I should know.....one of my bar Tabs in Blue Angel was 4960 RMB...yep...you do the math

...Farkn expensive

Cheers DC

Hmmmm, it would be helpful to know which bars employ the chickies then. The ones we went to did not.

Given your experiences the Blue Angel has employees. The two I went to (check the old thread) did not.

Cheers,

SD

Tongren Lu is a mix of stuff all on the same street. Some are FL bars. Some are chat bars where girls are employed to chat with you, play dice games, etc. but are not available for takeout (with exception). Some have BGs that are available for takeout. Judy's and Club LA have a lot of katoeys. Woodstock is a semi-chat bar where some but not all girls will go with you. And Blue Frog is just a straight-up western eating/drinking establishment. No barfines as far as I am aware but they make up for it in hefty drink prices (320 baht for mixed drinks, 230 for beer). I don't think most people on this forum would be able to negotiate 800 yuan LT with a good looking girl from the bars. It's doable but 1000 to 1200 LT is probably more the range you'll negotiate unless you really like to bargain hard.

SD's experience is atypical of that section of Tongren Lu. You'll often find a policeman standing outside the bars all night. I've walked out of there and never had problems with hookers jumping into cabs or pickpockets. If you venture off a couple blocks, however, all bets are off.

Chinese girls aren't cold... just expensive. Some of the best times I've had have been with Chinese massage parlor girls. Even better if you don't speak Chinese sometimes because some of the tricks they pull out will surprise you. Unfortunately, many of the menus are only in Chinese so make sure you talk to the mamasan and be specific about what you want. Chinese massage parlor places will blow away just about anything you'll find in BKK in terms of style and service... and price. 760 yuan for 90 minutes. But that will include an awesome massage including things like soapie, rim, a vibrator in your ass, BBBJ, fucking a girl on a giant aerobic ball, getting a bbbj from a girl while she is upside-down strapped to the ceiling, etc. The girls will generally not kiss you on the mouth though. They are very clean and quite hot.

If the girlfriend experience is more your thing, KTVs (Karaokes) are the way to go. You go with a friend or two. The room plus drinks for the night for 3 guys will cost about $300-$450 total. You tip each girl, mamasan, and attendant about $45 each for the entire night. If you decide to take a girl home, it costs about $200 ST and $300 LT (including the $45 tip for singing with you). Afterwards, you can call some girls out for dinner dates without tip but if you fuck them, it is nice to tip them accordingly. These girls are not as good at sex as the massage girls but will kiss you like a boyfriend.

Yes, it is much more expensive than bangkok but if you are into fair skin and delicate faces without the big, fat isaan noses, you will love Shanghai. But in terms of value for dollar, it doesn't come close to BKK.

Archived