What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool [2017]

One for movie buffs, tells of the Oscar winning Hollywood star Gloria Grahame's dying days spent with her toy boy Liverpudlian friend in his mums terraced house in Merseyside based on his memoirs. Interesting mix of Hollywood and scouse working class life well acted.

It [2017]

Mindless horror nonsense for those that need it. Hard to discern the target audience for this one. Stars a bunch of kids, script seems childish adaption of a Stephen King novel, but the horror is for adults. At 2h 15m someone is taking the piss methinks.

Coss, I'm curious about your kodi experience. I have previously had it installed but discarded it in favour of Plex. I have a Plex server running on a 24/7 machine and both my LG TV and Apple TV have Plex player apps as well as my iPad so its a bit of a no-brainer, which is always helpful. Plex however is a more traditional media system that requires the content to be stored somewhere on the LAN, even if that is remote. It is not suited for streaming.

Can you expand a little on what apps you are using with kodi and if you are streaming, or are you also downloading the content prior to watching?

A part of my previous disappointment was the seemingly continuous need to update and maintain the thing as apps disappeared or broke, either that or content that they advertised simply didn't seem to exist in reality.

I've put a reply in here

http://thai360.com/index.php?/topic/64532-kodi/

Red Sparrow (2018) - from IMDB - Ballerina Dominika Egorova is recruited to 'Sparrow School,' a Russian intelligence service where she is forced to use her body as a weapon. Her first mission, targeting a C.I.A. agent, threatens to unravel the security of both nations.

I think I've said this before, Jennifer Lawrence is turning into a fine actor, much better now, than evidenced in her Hunger Games crap movies.

This spy thriller is pretty good, I reckon, and it helps that the most villainous of the villains (Matthias Schoenaerts) looks just like Putin.

Film_2018_RedSparrow_Trailer_01.jpg

American Assassin [2017]

Following his fiancé's slaughter on a beach by terrorists a self trained assassin joins the CIA to take out the bad guys plotting a nuclear attack. OTT popcorn entertainment suitable for those moments one just needs to vegetate in front of the screen, having Michael Keaton in it will appeal to some.

The Post (2017).

Political drama revisits the Washington Posts decision to defend its freedom of press rights over the pressure coming from Nixon government that would eventually be engulfed in Watergate. Spielberg again, so predictable and overly melodramatic for some tastes.