Fucking 90 crap

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P.M.

I heard the same. Cannot imagine why there would be such a delay though. I don't know about the price, have you got some official document that shows this official figure? I have only seen this

PR process story

which states 191k for singles or 95k for married. It says this was in 2004-2006 though updated in 2008 with no change in costs. What gives?

Hi,

Secretary couldn't do it because it was beyond the 7 day grace period. Happened once before and they send her back telling her I had to come in person. When I did they didn't even talk to me or mention a fine. No clue why I had to come in person.

Anyway, wasn't as bad as I feared this morning. Was back home by 10:30, but of course still wasted 3hrs and 350 Baht.

On a side note, can anyone explain the use / need for this 90 day stuff? I get the impression it doesn't just waste our time, but theirs as well and I wonder if they get any real use out of this?

Sanuk!

It started about 9 or 10 years ago. The story was that the immigration office head was on holiday, when a colonel found an obscure rule about foreigners reporting every 90 days. He thought he would make his boss happy by announcing that was immigration's policy. The commander came back and instead was appalled, realising how much more work it would require by the police. However, he didn't want to embarrass the colonel and just let it happen. (No idea if it's true or fiction, but it sounds typically Thai.)

I remember my university saying (more or less) ... "WTF? You work for the Thai government and you sign in every day. Why do you need to report?" In the beginning, we could authorise a Thai office worker to report for us. But after about 6 months, immigration said we had to report in person.

It is totally assinine. I call it "reporting to my parole officer". :(

We have always done the 90 day report, even back before it was enforced. I have never had to go in person. I do not know about if you miss the 7 day grace period as have never done so.

Was only starting in about 2004 that I even had to start going for annual renewal in person.

TH

Archived