Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

When all else fails . . . use the race card !

"WOLFEBORO, N.H. —A police commissioner in a predominantly white New Hampshire town says he won't apologize for calling President Barack Obama the N-word, and he sat with his arms crossed while angry residents at a meeting called for his resignation on Thursday."

LINK

Heard about this a while back. There's been a slew of small town politicians, etc. making all kinds of statements. In this electronic age it gets out. 20 years ago, we'd never hear of it. The every day Joe has and its accepted that they will use any kind of rhetoric with regards to the President. The 'throw the bum out of office' mantra is time eternal. What seems to have been unprecedented are elected officials, etc. making disparaging remarks up to racial attacks. Its always been a tradition that there is a line with regards to President and respecting the office if not the man and there has been a number of incidents that have been unprecedented. I wrote a post about it a while back from a commentator I heard once. Basically one of the 'perks' of being President is that you pretty much get to yell at folks and they take it. Its said Johnson would use every 4 letter word imaginabble. The president yells, you take it. You don't yell back. You go home kick the dog, beat the wife, but you take it. The Arizona governor who stuck her finger in Obama's face is totally unprecedented. Obama wasn't even yelling at her, just voiced his annoyance over something she said. Her actions were way over the line in terms of respecting the office. Also, if the President's office calls you drop whatever it is, meeting, phone call, everything and take the call. Who ever you are meeting certainly understands you never keep the president waiting. Its been rumored that there are Republican congressmen who have told his office they'll get back to him as they are busy. Its simply not done. Its totally against protocol. Same with the congressman that yelled liar at the state of the union address. Its unthinkable. There were supposed to be a group of them doing it. No other president has had his office disrespected so blatantly. Not even Nixon during impeachment hearings. His office would call and survey members about impeachment and his calls were accepted promptly and he was addressed as mr. president. They respected the office if not the person. THe military teaches yout that. You salute the rank if not the person.

I am no big fan of Bush but during the election, I thought it was very unfair that he was labled dumb for not knowing the head of some small former soviet block nation. I guarantee you, Clinton or Gore didn't know either. He and Gore got into Yale as the sons of former senators. However, no matter how you got in, staying in is something the vast majority of Americans couldn't do.

My guess is Obama used his other passport, the one from is stepfather, the indonesian. In those days he associated with the international students. Not a crime in context as people use any and all manner of advantages to get into Harvard. Many claiming native american blood, or latino, or whatever. He does have book smarts though. One can't be Harvard Law Review unless you truly are the top student. No affirmative action, no points for being a woman, handicap, etc. Its a complete blind review and its all academic. He earned that and its regarded as the top law student in the country and the editor of the review names his job. Clinton was a very smart one as well. Rhodes scholar.

For me, a good president doesn't have to be the smartest one in the room. You do need to be smart but integrity, instinct, ethic/moral fiber, strength, incredible mental/emotional strength from the myriad of things that are thrown at you simultaneously is what is needed.

As far as cops. Its gotten way, way out of hand as I said in an earlier post. They are now going after anyone literally. Soccer moms, coeds, anyone.

....another Clinton cashing in...

Chelsea Clinton Follows In Her Parents' Footsteps on the Lucrative Speaking Circuit

Media and political watchers were somewhat stunned today to learn that Former First Daughter Chelsea Clinton reportedly makes up to $75,000 per speaking engagement.

Her spokesperson, Kamyl Bazbaz was quick to stress the majority of Ms. Clinton's speaking engagements were in association with the family's Clinton Foundation, and the money goes directly that cause. Clinton's speeches "are on behalf of the Clinton Foundation, and 100 percent of the fees are remitted directly to the foundation,†Bazbaz told the New York Times.

However, she does appear to be following closely in her parents' footsteps. Hillary Clinton reportedly makes a minimum $200,000 for a speech, and together Bill and Hillary Clinton have made over $100 million in the last decade....

"Chelsea is a big draw in philanthropic circles, and The New York Times reported Wednesday that her fees can go as high as $75,000 — though she gives most of her speeches for free."

LINK

Must be a slow news day to dig this subject up.

Today, lets tackle healthcare. Since we all have spent some time in different countries we know firsthand just mindbogglingly expensive health care is in America. We were/are the ONLY major industrialized nation that doesn't have natiional healthcare. Now, that in of itself is not a bad thing. We are the only major industrialized nation that some enviable things as well. We have (or used) to have more freedom than anyone in the G8 for example. Anyway, okay, Obamacare may not be your thing. I get that. My issue with those against it is what is the alternative? There were no alternative. With 2/3 of all personal bankruptcies attributed to the inability to pay medical bills, we have label the issue a dire national concern. Why is it expensive? Lack of competition, pure and simple. In fact, if we did what other countries like Germany does and buy on scale we'd have ended up with much lower costs than any other nation because we could would have a greater buying power to get meds and medical care cheaper than anyo other nation. The opposition to Obamacare to the politicians is really about doing what the health care industry (big pharma, HMOs, AMA, nurses unions, etc.) wants because they gave so much money to their campaign coffers. If it was truly on ideological grounds. I'd respect it. I may not agree with all of it but I'd respect it. However, its really about two things. First, the health care lobby money and a secondary one is not giving Obama any big wins or a win that would give him a legacy i.e. Johnson and Civil Rights, Truman and integrating the military, etc.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/06/16/once-again-u-s-has-most-expensive-least-effective-health-care-system-in-survey/

LOL..those speaking fees to people who have nothing of any real importance to say are for one of a few reasons. That 75k speaking fee may bring in twice that in contributions, etc. for some organization. Do you know how much they charge a plate at those things? Its also a prestige thing. "See, we're so important we got Chelsea Clinton to speak here'. Again, it draws money. A charity that can get Chelsea there for 75k, will have millionaires there awho can write 10k, 20k or more checks. So you have a ballroom full of millionaires, pay Chelsea the 75k another several thousand for the ballroom, and expenses and you can make a lot more on the back end with all those people writing checks. If its a company, its a tax write off. Daddy Bill, speaks at your Fortune 500 annual meeting for 200k, you write that off. Foreign companies or goverments gets a former President to speak, its huge face. Especially in Asia. Toyota has Bill over and they can milk that. They invite their suppliers, banks, etc. to the speech and guess who gets a better deal or keeps their deal over rival Honda?