new mobile

Dexi

Yep,the HTC seems to be the best on offer at the moment,but for the same price I could get the Nokia C6-01 and a 10" netbook.This would allow the fone to be used as a modem and web accessed on the 10" screen ( min. size required for comfortable browsing ).Seems the best compromise specially as the latest smartphones become out of date after a couple of years....correct me if my logic is flawed :dunce:

Ya but, using a non Thai sim card in Thailand to check email or look at web pages using GPRS/EDGE, which is the way I read the op, would as Kamui said make your bill explode. Using a Thai sim to do the same in Thailand aint roaming, in my book, yes, a much better deal and not expensive I think.

:content: :)

My company provided me with an iPhone 4 about a month or so ago. I have tried and tried to get on with it but just hate the thing. So many things it just will not do the way I want. This coming from a Windows smart phone, HTC HD2. Now had I never had a similar phone before I would likely be quite happy but I'm really dissapointed with it.

A friend urged me to load an Android ROM onto my HD2 which I did and am now more than ever convinced I should just go and buy a Desire HD.

YMMV :)

Kamui - I "roam" on the mobile for unlimited for 700 baht' date=' [/quote']

I have an iphone and I am not sure if I should jailbreak it.

I have had 2 mates jailbreak there Iphones and they have had problems with it ever since, minor things but enough to get you to throw it against a wall - like updating your ipod music etc. Besides that, I don't think you can download any new updates :beer:

Ya but, using a non Thai sim card in Thailand to check email or look at web pages using GPRS/EDGE, which is the way I read the op, would as Kamui said make your bill explode. Using a Thai sim to do the same in Thailand aint roaming, in my book, yes, a much better deal and not expensive I think.

:content: :)

Why not wi-fi? Pleanty of places with free wi-fi around these days.

Cheers,

Mark

The HD7 is nice, very much the updated HD2 but not sure how much momentum Windows can generate for applications in the face of the Android marketplace and Apple appstore. Still at least you can probably reflow text and marke emails as read and a million other things an iphone just can't do, :(:banghead:

Archived