Pissed at US defending the world....

TheCorinthian

I'm pissed about it. How we and to an extent the British got slowly roped into this over about the past 100 years is beyond me.

I am pissed!

I would love an isolationist America. But what would that look like? How would that effect the rest of you?

Discuss. (Try to be civil.)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree.

One issue is that the news media does not report all that is going on and the players involved.

I know that Germany does a lot more then is reported and that is wrong!

The USA is not doing it all, but it gets reported, IMO, like the USA is doing it all.

Example: Thailand's tsunami, Germany was there to help and I think Germany setup the warning system for future tsunamis :dunno:

Pretty obvious why the British got roped in. Post colonial commitments. Apart from a few acquisitions after the war with Spain the US wasn't really involved until WW2. After that the US found itself with big commitments in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Those commitments have gotten stronger. I know some people say it's a waste of money but in fact the US has benefited up till now. Even Afghanistan has been profitable for some. The only thing that might affect things is cutbacks in defence spending.

I'm pissed about it. How we and to an extent the British got slowly roped into this over about the past 100 years is beyond me.

I am pissed!

I would love an isolationist America. But what would that look like? How would that effect the rest of you?

Discuss. (Try to be civil.)

As an observer, I'd say that post WWII, USA had to police (not defend) the world or they'd cede control of the larger part of the world's oil to the then USSR.

If that had happened, maybe USSR would be dominant now and USA would have a lesser standard of living.

Discussion, civil.

Coss

The USA protects the interests of Big Business...the US citizens are a far second, IMO, much less the interests of that country's citizens.

Example: Africa, rich in gold, diamonds, etc yet their citizens are starving!

You see/saw the same in South America.

You would not know it from all the humanitarian aid we send out.

Even to places like Iran.

When genocide was going on in Cambodia, where was the USA with their aid?

Oh, that is right, they supplied the weapons to the ones doing the genocide.

Look at Africa, almost as bad. Where was the USA when Idi Amin was committing genocide? Oh, that is right, we even provided him with weapons and even his white convertible.

Archived