Pissed at US defending the world....

TheCorinthian

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
look at the aussie fuck up at gallipoli

Yeah right LP :wanker::wanker::wanker:

While the eventual blame for the disaster lies at Winston Churchill's feet he wasn't alone. The British military had made only a passing, limited survey of the invasion territory. The ground maps of the land were inaccurately drawn on board British Navy ships sailing a safe distance from the Gallipoli shore, by simply visually scanning the shore & drawing what little they saw.

So when the troops attempted to utilize the maps they found the maps lacked all the ground detail necessary to plot their advances. At one point the maps showed a clear route to the target settlements. Yet when the ANZACS attempted to go that route they found the way blocked by a steep, sharp ridge that dropped quite a long distance downward & which extended, lengthwise also quite a ways. Nicknamed The Razor's Edge, the drop was completely unobservable from offshore, leaving the ANZAC troops exposed and to navigate unknown hostile territory on their own.

The military's ignorance of the harsh nature of the land coupled with the heat & eventual spread of disease decimated the troups. So while the planner of the invasion Churchill deserves much of the blame, there was definitely blame to go around amonst the British Navy.

Aussie Fuck Up or British Incompitance? I'll go with the latter.

Guest lazyphil

whatever.i'm sure all the american wars you cite were not all the americas fault, but hey, carry on whining about US foreign policy if it makes you happy. wanker.

I'm pissed about it. How we and to an extent the British got slowly roped into this over about the past 100 years is beyond me.

I am pissed!

I would love an isolationist America. But what would that look like? How would that effect the rest of you?

Discuss. (Try to be civil.)

The issue is our defending corporate interests, not "democracy" or "freedom." That's the source of most of our military actions. And yet, most recent data show that the companies we spend the most money on doing that fail to pay any income tax via "creative accounting." That makes it doubly evil IMHO.

Any comment would be superfluous. Ike told us so in 1961. We just failed to listen. Now not just America, but the whole world, is paying the price.

Archived