Pissed at US defending the world....

TheCorinthian

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To everybody pissing and moaning about the financial status of the federal government ... you are all a bunch of sheep.

Is the current federal deficit a good thing? No. Are we on the verge of financial Armageddon? No. Is anyone in government actually serious about lowering Federal spending to the point where projected income under the current tax structure will balance expenditures? No.

Pretty much every economist and every federal government budget projection shows that taxes will need to be increased at some point, and probably soon. But for now, the tea baggers, their corporate minders, and the religious right are doing everything they can to stir up hysteria so as to gut spending on programs they do not like, and make sure that corporations and the wealthiest Americans are taxed as little as possible. No one really has the balls to go after the big ticket items on the Federal budget (military, medicare, social security), so what is going on now is just all great theater. And pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, pulling all the levers.

At the state and local level, things are far more grim, as unfunded pension liabilities are coming due. Feel free to fret about that.

Kosovan Muslim who 'shouted Islamic slogans' before shooting dead two U.S. airmen at Frankfurt airport was an employee

Two American airmen were shot dead and another left fighting for his life today after a Kosovo Albanian gunman stormed their bus before opening fire at Germany’s busiest airport where he allegedly worked.

Officials said the gunman, identified as Arid Uka, 21, shouted out 'Islamic slogans' before opening fire.

He gunned down his first victim as the soldier stood in front of the vehicle at Terminal 2 before turning his weapon on the driver as he sat behind the wheel.

A fourth man was lightly injured and both he and the gravely wounded man are now being treated at the city’s University Clinic Hospital.

A German official told Fox News Channel that one airman was smoking a cigarette when the suspect pulled out a firearm and shot him.

Another serviceman was gunned down as he returned a luggage trolley.

The attacker, reportedly wielding a knife and a handgun, then boarded the bus and fired at the driver before being taken down by police, the official said.

The suspect's uncle, 70-year-old Rexhep Uka, said Uka was born and raised in Germany and was a devout Muslim who worked at the airport.

He said Uka's grandfather was a religious leader at a mosque in the village of Zhabar, near Mitrovica, Kosovo.

I thought the US and NATO intervened to protect the Kosovo Muslims.

China is doing in Africa what we could have done. They are actually forcing the African governments to build up their infrastructure in return for the money provided for their natural resources and loans/grants they give these governments outright. Bridges' date=' roads, power plants/lines, schools, etc. are being built at the behest of the Chinese. [/quote']

You sure? I have served twice in Africa and never saw that.

I spent a lot of time in Africa last year and it's EXACTLY what's happening.

I first noticed it in Ethiopia about 4 years ago, not just companies I had vagualy heard about, ZTE and Huwai, but also major bridges, and roads being built.

Now I see it first hand in many African countries.

I was asked to read a confidential report fromone of the Chinese companies prepared for the President of one African country just a few months back (seems so much longer) and they are amazing in their detail and offers.

Some offers are dodgy as hell, others are very smart.

China recognizes Africa as similar to Asia in 1980. Everyone in the 90's was saying "Wish we had been here for the bog boom" that's exactly where Africa is now, pre-big boom time.

The amount of money China is throwing at and making from Africa is amazing.

One thing they are very good at is recognizing where the money for major projects comes from, and not just tendering, but also making sure the G to G projects are "invented' long before a tender is started. They prepare the ground work very well.

Anyone who has had any serious business in Africa in the last 4 years could not fail to see China's influence.

Any news report, even Fox :) reports how deep Chine is in Africa.

That's the difference between the US and others. In Asia anyway. And likely Africa, since I get the feeling that African culture is pretty much the same as SE Asian, politically anyway.

The US gives a lot of aid, yes. But it has very *visible* strings attached (i.e., "if you do not do X to make us happy, then you do not get the $$"). Countries grudgingly take the US deal, because, well, why not? Free money and all that and there is really not so much of a downside to reneging on the deal.

Countries like Japan however, also give lots of aid. But they get the patronage system. They *know* that their aid means favourable trade status type shit without getting that in writing -- it is assumed, as because it is not shoved in the poor country's face, that the aid receivers are more likely to do whatever the aid-giving country wants. So Japan (and other "smarties") never puts "actual" strings on aid, but reaps the bennys.

This means that while the US is swinging its dick around being the big man on campus, Japan (and other countries) are getting contracts to build infrastructure and other things very quietly. And the US goes home to jack off.

This is not new. It has been going on for at *least* 30 years, and more likely 65+ years...

Archived