Stickman Throws Down With Strikers

don't offend me, I am a "vet" myself!

every successful bar owner in LOS has some dark side; otherwise he would not last long. and there are of course also plenty of asshole customers, who like to badmouth about bar owners. so i do not think that any accusations of the newbie riolobo is anything to take serious

Hmmm as far as I know I don't have a dark side. Maybe that means I am not successful? ;-)

Cheers,

Mark

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in Bangkok in November, one afternoon was walking a couple hours looking for gifts for a friend's family who were having a Thanksgiving dinner. Heat got to me and I headed up soi 4 to get a cold draft. Stopped at Big Dogs, and it was dead. I bought a round for all 4 of the BGs working at the time (yes, I'm a sucker). Made small talk, "no, sorry ladies I'm not looking for anything, just need a moment to rest," and it was nice and comfortable. Then, they started telling me dirt about several of the bars in the area. I don't know how reliable it was, but it was... interesting.

At that point I didn't know where Bar4 was but wanted to stop by (well gee - it's right across the street fool - I didn't know). I asked the girls about Bar4 (sorry Mark). They had nothing bad to say. Hmmm, that's interesting. They DID say "Khun Mark good man." I asked - Khun Mark the owner? Yes. Considering they'd been laying out all criticism up to that point, hearing a good word about a competitor stood out.

Eventually I caught up with Mark and introduced myself. Nice place, staff were happy, and he was making rounds taking care of folks around the bar. I remember he had that youtube clip of Hitler pissed off that the flood would shut down cowboy - playing on a large screen TV. That was interesting. :) Had a beer together and he gave me good input on nice places to eat close by that wouldn't overcharge and were not tourist haunts.

Nice guy, smart, liked by the staff and the patrons, down to earth and friendly. The bar itself is well taken care of. I ended up back there a few times.

And no, I'm not a shill.

Eventually I caught up with Mark and introduced myself. Nice place, staff were happy, and he was making rounds taking care of folks around the bar. I remember he had that youtube clip of Hitler pissed off that the flood would shut down cowboy - playing on a large screen TV. That was interesting. :) Had a beer together and he gave me good input on nice places to eat close by that wouldn't overcharge and were not tourist haunts.

Nice guy, smart, liked by the staff and the patrons, down to earth and friendly. The bar itself is well taken care of. I ended up back there a few times.

And no, I'm not a shill.

Jeez - couldn't pay for a better advertisment! Thanks very much for that.

Thanks,

Mark

Riolobo is the re-incarnation of trapperjohn and stevegerman44 (or something like that) who was banned from this board before. He has been slagging me off for years over some perceived bill padding in a bar I don't even own. And should I see him - yes - I will give him a slap. He is actually writing about himself when he refers to "ex-Vietnam vet from Chiang Rai". Bitter and twisted old fook.

Not the sharpest tool in the box I am afraid.

Have a nice day Steve.

Regards,

Mark

G'day Mark....thanks....been scratching my head all day trying to remember that twats previous Board name.....

Now it REALLY gets up my nose to hear some twat bad mouthing either you or Gop.

So. I'm gunna relate a story....that I will never forget....

It was in the "Tweety" days.....maybe 3 & a half years ago...

If memory serves me well it was just after Tweety & I went separate ways....

I was sitting out the front of Tony's Bar....(just for a change...lol) having a quiet one with Gop and a few other "nameless faces"

I was running short of "folding ones".....and was due to go back upcountry the next morning....

so decided to pull up stakes and retire for the night...

Gop says....Dumb Cnut....another Beer?

I said no.....explained my situation.....and said I have to go.....

Without blinking.....Gop pulls out his ATM card.....calls over a serving wench.....and says .....go get DC 10k from the ATM

I was totally gob smacked......

I did not take up the offer....I went to my room......BUT.....I will never forget it!!!

This was the action of a true friend.....Yes....he knew I was good for it.....BUT.....HE offered....

So these mealy mouthed FW twats that wanna stir shit.....can go F*** themselves......IMHO

Back in town in a few weeks

Hope to catch up

Cheers J

Hmmm as far as I know I don't have a dark side. Maybe that means I am not successful? ;-)

Cheers,

Mark

according to the comments of our fellow boardmembers you are successful! congratulations! :beer: that is the most important fact and there is no need to play innocent and deny any dark side! :hmmm:

according to the comments of our fellow boardmembers you are successful! congratulations! :beer: that is the most important fact and there is no need to play innocent and deny any dark side! :hmmm:

OK you got me - I kicked a dog once. There it is, out in the open. Speaking of dogs - where is The Nervous One to pipe up in my defense?

What I really like is that every time Riolobo -> trapperjohn -> german44 -> whatever other names (cos he has been banned so many times on this and other boards) tries to slag me off the attack invariably is turned around. Actually quite amusing.

I think there might be a sheep loose in the top paddock sadly. Have a nice day Steve. ;-)

Cheers Guys,

Mark

OK you got me - I kicked a dog once. There it is, out in the open. Speaking of dogs - where is The Nervous One to pipe up in my defense?

What I really like is that every time Riolobo -> trapperjohn -> german44 -> whatever other names (cos he has been banned so many times on this and other boards) tries to slag me off the attack invariably is turned around. Actually quite amusing.

I think there might be a sheep loose in the top paddock sadly. Have a nice day Steve. ;-)

Cheers Guys,

Mark

Quite a few posters left over issues with Belgian Boy some time back. Not sure but fear Nervous Dog could have been one of them.

Archived