Shootings Near Soi 5

Bangkoktraveler

Black guys on soi 5 selling ice?! I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED, I tell you! I thought they were just sitting around looking suspiciously like dealers because of my own personal prejudices, but no, actually, that's who they are. And they have at least one gun, it seems. Perhaps this will dial things back a notch or two, and they'll lower their profile... though the coke dealers will stick around as usual!

YimSiam ;)

There's a bar and grill in the Tunnel, near the Soi 5 end, that has a sign posted, something like "Due to unacceptable behavior, black men will no longer be serviced here."

I saw it on this last trip, and took a picture. (Two pictures, actually.)

I plan to show it to a few of my liberal acquaintances, watch them blow steam out their ears, and then give them the back story, about the location and the "black men" in question.

One wonders how much these Nigerians are paying to be ignored by the police. :hmmm:

I wonder myself too. After all it is even impossible for them to blend in with the other Farangs in the area. Some people seem to shield them against searches, arrest and deportation.

Archived