Can You Negotiate In Hi-So Malls ?

gobbledonk

Guys, I'm thinking Apple Store, not Hugo Boss, but I know the psychology of such stores in Oz has been that haggling over price, however discreetly its done, is too common for the immaculately groomed staff behind those counters. All I want is to be able to specify several boxes - Apple TV, Airport Extreme, Mac Mini - and ask if they have 'discount for cash ?'. No drawn out offer-counter offer hooha - this isnt Chatuchak - but I'm happy to give it a shot. I cant see how its a face issue for the staff member - at worst, the franchisee will just have a 'no discounts' policy - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Apple have enough meat in their margins to make this viable, so I wont lose any sleep re sending the local Store owner broke. :angel:

Anyone ?

Yes you can,there are more apple shops than KFC in Bangkok now, and that is not to mention AIS, True and DTAC who also carry stock.

Prices displayed are allegedly 0% interest free credit, but if you wave 1,000 THB notes under their nose you will get a discount.

Good Call on the Airport Extreme, I have my Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, 2 iPhones an iPad plus a win doze PC All using it a a print router

Thanks for that, Mekong - Apple strongly discourage any open discounting of their kit in Oz, so it makes sense that the display price will have to line up with the online Apple Store Thailand. Of course, there are times when it just isnt wise to be carrying the cash on you:

http://www.piyanas.com/productdetail.php?cat=127.278&id=2572&lang=en&lang=en

Correct me if I'm wrong, but arent there still parts of Thailand where you can build a house for 1.65 million ?

Gobbie,

From what I gather in most countries Apple tend to have one store in each major city where as in Thailand you will find an iStudio in every mall, even I have lost count of the exact number of outlets but it is in excess of 500.

As for music I have my Macbook Pro hooked up to Sony TV via HDMI and use 5.1 surround sound, no way I am paying 1.65 Millo for speakers without a pre amp.

Apple Resellers Thailand

I count less than 500.

Fantastic - they have an Apple Store in the wilds of Pinklao but, apparently, no such beast in Pattaya. I guess folk must enjoy driving to Rayong for their 'authorized' iPads and iPhones.

http://www.apple.com/asia/ipad/buy/resellers-th.html

Lets face it - Patts, for all the hot air from the city fathers, is still a holiday park for cheapskates.

Captain Cheapskate aka Gobbledonk

Dont worry about that little interjection - do you know if I can buy vinyl records in BKK ? The Thais probably embraced the invention of CD-RW and MP3 files more enthusiastically than anyone I can think of, but I'm aiming for something a little more upmarket. :stirthepo

This sounds more like it:

Vinyllica Store

Vinyllica Store (3/F, Fortune Town, MRT: Rama 9) is hands-down the biggest vinyl store in Bangkok.

From Eagles and Van Helen to Rolling Stones and the Beatles, rockers will find comfort in this 40-square-meter store, filled with so much vinyl you don’t even have a place to stand.

They’re on tables, on the walls, along the ceiling, in crates on the floor. The owner does categorize but it will take a whole day to go through his entire collection.

Vinyllica's records range from 500 baht oldies with dusty sleeves to 8,000-10,000 baht mint condition box sets.

The problem with vinyl in Thailand is the storage, optimum levels should be 21 Celcius with a humidity of 45-50%.

Now that means having one room set aside to maintain those conditions hence the reason I ripped all my vinyl (approx 5,000} onto Raid drives years back, I think the saving in electric in one year paid for the drives

Archived