Activate Microsoft Office?

Flashermac

I bought a new PC earlier this year, Windows already loaded. Now I am getting a message: This copy of Microsoft Office is not activated. It says I have 23 days left to activate. (It is Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010.)

So what do I do? And what happens in 23 days if I don't? Will I turn into a frog or something? :dunno:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flash, I did the same thing recently, although I got mine online through work. You should have a 25 digit code somewhere (maybe on the DVD case, mine was in the email from the seller). You need to key in that code. Mine was Microsoft Pro Plus 2013 and the going rate for that retail was around the 15,000 baht range (down here), so brace yourself if you need that version.

I recently installed Microsoft Word and Excel on my mum's laptop free (legitimately) through Microsoft's website, not sure if you need the whole Pro version, that could do the job.

Took a little getting used to as some things are slightly different, but works fine.

Sanuk!

But once you get used to it it is far simpler to use than MS IMHO, I find many of the shortcuts are more OSX orientated than Windows and I use both.

I would not like to use Open Office to produce a document from scratch and have all of the MS Word formatting correct, but fortunately I work from templates and Open Office does keep the format, 95% of the time I am using clients machines with licence version of office on it anyway but when on the road I find Open Office is more than adequate to review and modify MS offices files, I refuse to pay 25,000 Baht for "Office for MAC".

From what I understand about Flash's requirements for WORD, EXCEL etc, Open Office would fit his purpose just fine.

Archived