Chalerm Says He Will Disguise Himself To Arrest Suthep

Flashermac

Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) Director Chalerm Yubamrung said Thursday that he would disguise himself to mingle with the protesters in his attempt to have protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban arrested.

The labour minister said he would wear a moustache, sun glasses and a hat to prevent protesters from recognizing him when he would venture in disguise into the protest site together with a special police team tasked with arresting Mr Suthep.

post-98-0-83502100-1391704223_thumb.jpg

However, he stressed that the special team would try to avoid a direct confrontation with Suthep’s bodyguards who, according to intelligence sources, are heavily armed.

Chalerm claimed that Suthep, secretary-general of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee, normally travels in a convoy of three cars and about 50 motorcyclists for protection.

Suthep, according to Chalerm, has a hideout at Dusit Thani Hotel and occasionally eats at the Inter-Continental Hotel.

He said the CMPO would invite executives of the two hotels to warn them about providing sanctuary to Suthep and other protest core leaders who are facing arrests for violations of the emergency decree.

He went on saying that he would have Phra Buddha Issara, another protest core leader, arrested immediately after the court approved the police request for an arrest warrant against the monk.

http://englishnews.t...-arrest-suthep/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the idea for this post came to me, I saw that a several esteemed members had posted before me.

However - Thailand, not content with using Looney Toons sound effects in all of their TV offerings, now have Senior politicians 'disguising' themselves. This is straight out of Bugs Bunny.

Archived