Teacher Filmed Whipping Students With Cane

Boo Radley

http://youtu.be/XDMZJWmNTz0

This clip of a female teacher beating her students, was in the Thai Daily News today.

These clips seem to crop up quite regularly it seems. It was posted up by an anonymous Youtube user and the school hasn't been identified yet.

http://www.dailynews...งโหดเหี้ยมทารุณ

I'll never criticize Thai discipline methods used in schools. The last year before moving to the US, my Thai step son was hit just below the eye with an eraser by a teacher for disrupting class. During his 5 years in HS here, for the same offense, he would be sent to the front office and sometimes given an hour detention after school. His Senior year, the school district had a policy that Seniors didn't need a parent's permission to skip classes, which he did with a vengeance. More than one time, I was asked to pick him up because he had spent 20 plus minutes swearing at the Principal and his assistant. No other punishment was administered. Interestingly, the one time he really got in trouble and was suspended for a week was when he used the "N" word in class, toward another student. He has put his foot through two walls in my house and last weekend used his foot to cave in the passenger door of my van. He's been arrested 3 times in the last 2 years. Would he have turned out differently if he had stayed? Probably not but he wouldn't be my problem. I don't think that the US educational system did him any favors.

A young female teacher was way out of line wacking the boys including mine, so I met her before school, told her my son thought she was a great teacher, but that wacking any child in the class would not happen,

She was a bit argumentative, so I suggested she think about how much larger she was than my son, then I suggested she think about how much larger I was than her.

Silence as I had my not happy look on my face,

"So how about you never touch a single child again, and we won't need to have a conversation like this again. And you won't discuss this with your class, if you do I am more than happy to discuss this with your headmaster, right now if you want. As we both know, a teacher was sacked last year for spanking kids after a parent complained."

Then I thanked her for being a great teacher, told her I am glad my son respects her, and I hope we have an understanding.

She was good after that, left the school 6 months later.

I have no remorse, happy if he had been spanked for something wrong, which he is capable, but not arbitrarily, good teachers don't need too.

Hi,

I just wonder, do children stand up in class in other countries when a teacher enters the class room as a sign of respect.

No, never had to do this in Holland. And make no mistake, this has nothing to do with kids respecting their teachers, but everything with them following the rules; not unlike some other forms of 'respect' shown in this country.

Sanuk!

Hi,

No, never had to do this in Holland. And make no mistake, this has nothing to do with kids respecting their teachers, but everything with them following the rules; not unlike some other forms of 'respect' shown in this country.

Sanuk!

It's all about obedience, look around, the uniforms reinforcing uniformity, the uniformity of behaviour. The expectations of uniformity from the administration, past and most certainly present. Shut up and obey, follow this set of rules, act in this way. The troika of nation, monarchy and religion defines, but more particularly controls, dressed up as respect, all of what Thai people are.

My boyfriend tells me when he was in school a very long time ago, it was the norm to be caned at school for anything wrong. Throwing board rubbers at misbehaving boys at the back of the class was regarded as perfectly normal, as was measuring the girls skirts to see if too short, if they were they were sent home. Standing when a teacher entered the room was expected.

Girls could not wear makeup or jewellery, boys had to wear a cap, tie and jacket when walking to and from school. Forgetting your gym kit was a hanging offence well not quite, twenty press ups, a cold shower, or a couple of hits with a running shoe.

http://news.sky.com/story/1144384/boys-broom-attack-on-teacher-caught-on-video

Being thrown out of class and standing outside for the entire lesson was another for any misbehaviour. Being sent to see the headmaster, always resulted in being canned. To tell your parents would mean you were in more trouble when you got home. He told me an instance where a pupil was expelled for pushing over a teachers bike in the playground.

Although today it is politically incorrect and illegal of course for corporal punishment, he maintains it really did not do him any harm and in fact believes it did him some good in the long run.

Today he tells me if a teacher in the UK can get through the working day without a pupil hitting them in front of the class its a good day.