Sign in to follow this  
Mekong

New Years Resolution

Quick update

6 weeks off them now, they say it gets easier with time.  Bollox haha does it fuck. 

Have I been tempted to smoke? Sure every waking minute, but I won’t, It is not the wife, family Doctor etc telling me to stop it is myself telling me to stop and if I was to start again I would be letting myself down   ..    I am bett r than that’s!

• Like 1

I am in full agreement with my learned colleague the Cavanami. 

Keep up the good work Kong.

Whilst "it get's easier" is a difficult concept, I found that the ability to "forget" the urge, becomes more prevalent. I haven't smoked in many years, but I still get the urge, strong as ever, but only, say, once a year or two.

So it's not the urge getting minimal in strength, it's frequency, diminishing to near zero.

YMMV JMHO

😅

Haven't had a cigar or anything in years now, I've never had any trouble giving up, it's resisting the urge to start again, that I have battled with, bu these days, it's all History :)

• Like 1

Since I had the stoke, I'm not a drinker much anymore.

As you know, I used to drink for the Olympics, but these days, once or twice a month I'll have a bottle of wine or 4 or 5 beers, other than that, I don't feel the urge anymore.

How about you?

Cheers

Coss

Me, I had an old-fashioned heart attacked - now not even drinking at Goodwill Games level anymore, though I can't promise that'll be the case when I'm next in town in LOS.