Holidays 2020 - January - April 2020

Nasiadai

Coss writes:

"Keep it up, I hope to one day meet you in person so we can reminisce on days gone by default_smile.png"

In one of my last holidays in SOA I met Herrn Flashermac  in the Lucky Luke Bar at Nana Plaza.
One of my Thai friends - a Thai Airways captain - was with me.
It is always interesting, to put faces to names.

However: my knowledge of English is very limited.
I find it difficult to have a reasonably meaningful conversation in a language I learned at school about 55 years ago.

Some remarks about the Nana Plaza:

The Nana Plaza was for me my center of the world from 1992 on for over 20 years.
This NP has lost its charm, its attraction in recent years.
That's why I prefer Pattaya now.

It may also have something to do with my becoming old.

I will spend a few days in Pattya, Jomtiem from Friday 3 January 2020 until Wednesday 8 January.
More precisely: in the so-called Soi Welcome in the hotel "Happy Bou".

In March I will spend about 4 weeks in Pattaya.

10 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Your knowledge of English is far better than my knowledge of German.  :(

555555555  yes, I know.

It's hard for me to converse in the English language. My possibilities of expression are very limited.
The situation is different when I express myself in writing in comments, reports, annotations, etc. I use dictionaries and small translation aids from the Internet.

The English grammar and syntax are very simple, thank God. The only difficult rule for me is the 'paraphrasing with to do'.

The grammar and syntax of the German language are probably the most complicated of all world languages.
A foreigner who has a reasonably faultless command of our language has my highest recognition.

• Like 1

At the moment I am preparing my holidays in SOA from January to early April 2020.
My doctors - two internists and one general practitioner - have given the green light again. All examinations had a good result.

Something else:
In my social environment - friends, acquaintances - men die away. A friend from old childhood days - a gifted football player, later a coach -
died at the age of 64. Two doctors - a paediatrician and a gynocologe - died at 62 and 75. My ex-brother-in-law died at 68.
The impacts are getting closer and closer. 555555555555

May I respectfully introduce myself as honorable member of the most exclusive community worldwide which is the AORS ( Association of reborn sanukers). Meaning I virtually have been found dead under a table on August the 6th 2011, face dark blue and nothing working any more. A team rolled in, cut my throat open with a knife,  a defibrillator started firing electric shocks and the miracle happened. After 1 week unconscious in intense care I was back on earth. Since then no trouble any more, currently enjoying my evening cigar. Conclusion: death coming this way doesn´t matter because you don´t feel anything.

For giggles, I counted my near-death and death experiences,  seven near-deaths, wherein I was extremely lucky, to survive.

One actual death, on the hospital gurney, while they were trying to reset my fibrillating heart, with the electric megavolt machine.

Two of the three attempts were successful, the one that didn't work, was the second try, giving weighty meaning, to the phrase "third time lucky" :)

My mum reckoned I have nine lives like a cat, it would seem I'm on the last one.

Guys, let death be a final thing. It is inevitable and and comes with deadly certainty!
For every living being nothing is as certain as death - literally cocksure. But man is the only living being of which we are certain that he knows it,
however uncertain the time of passing away may be.
I learned at school: "mors certa, hora incerta". Death is certain, but not the hour.

All life stands under this almost definitory condition.
You don't have to be Benjamin Franklin to realize that at least for us humans taxes and death are inevitable.
And we in Germany have the highest direct taxes, the highest social security contributions, and the highest indirect taxes.

But I think positiv!  ----> I remember an old song of Stevie Wonder: POSITIVITY!
Nasiadai – Live from Buxtetown on the Este River – 25.10.2019 - Late! 0.50 a.m.

But I don't want to discuss and reflect on death any further.
I have a three-month holiday in SOA ahead of me. I will spend roun about 5 weeks in Pattaya, in Jomtiem.

The reunion with Pattaya Jomtiem will undoubtedly be a celebration.

Here's my little philosophy of the festival:
To celebrate feasts is human; and I believe that only we humans can celebrate feasts.
Neither the palm trees on the beach of Pattaya nor the sea, nor the nightly stars, nor the deckchairs and parasols celebrate feasts.
Neither the monkeys in the jungle nor a pride of lions after a successful hunt celebrate feasts; that is reserved for us humans.

We feast on different occasions:
we celebrate Christmas; the birth of Jesus Christ;
to say welcome to a new born baby
to say good wishes to people when they get married
or have passed an important test or have been promoted:

We human beings are - inevitably - celebrating and therefore are festive living beings.

For me, the feast is a moratorium of everyday life; it is an exit from grey normality, from daily routine.
So my three-month vacation is an exit from the Teutonic winter, from the solicitudes and sorrows of daily life.

Live from Hamburg –17:15 - 27.10.2019
Nasiadai  - Bakwahn