My Corona Diary December 2020 - 2021

Nasiadai

It is March; actually a spring month.
But in the north of Germany (i.e. also in the Hamburg area) we have a real cold spell with temperatures below zero at night; sometimes sleet and barely above 4 degrees during the day. In some areas of northern Germany there is a closed snow cover of several centimetres.
Freezing cold! It is a madd brick!

Not a trace of spring.
I wanted to be somewhere in Jomtiem now, on the beach at 30 degrees; partying in the evening in the Soi Welcome in Jomtiem, being cheerful, listening to music, chatting and laughing with other guests and holidaymakers from all over the world. In shorts and a T-shirt.

1927694304_JomtiemBeach-DSC00240.jpg.261726e5fd71e36d5679fd43004b283d.jpg

Jomtiem Beach - January 2020 - just before the Corona lockdowns in March 2020

I found this photo. Some memories.

Here we have my "younger brother".
Pattaya in January 1996 - on the stairs to the Big Buddha.
You can see: the snakes on the banisters to the left and right did not exist then. They were added later.
My girl at the time spontaneously took the picture with my Nikon F90x.

1021643798_Charly-bigbuddha-1996-2.thumb.jpg.ccd2b0ad3df62f4b75d33fcdbca3fc78.jpg

Oh guys, memories, sweet memories of a better, healty past.

1 hour ago, Nasiadai said:

to be somewhere in Jomtiem now, on the beach at 30 degrees; partying in the evening in the Soi Welcome in Jomtiem, being cheerful, listening to music, chatting and laughing with other guests and holidaymakers from all over the world. In shorts and a T-shirt.

You and me both.

As a commiseration, I've just had a scan booked, looking for more invasive Melanoma, after an occurrence and a reoccurrence, and two years of operations and Radiation Therapy. No Chemo, thankfully.

We're all at the positive end of the age scale. I think that I will die in Laos though, wise or no.

Nasiadai, seeing your photos, I was moved to look at my own.

Here are a few, anonymised, as MLG's family are government adjacent, so I am struck with caution.

_____

image.thumb.jpeg.4812eda1c5286bf79a603ad241682438.jpeg

before Laos, a Stingray

image.thumb.jpeg.6e0d2cce6fc2c941768a7e84e84476d8.jpeg

on arrival in Laos, my buddy

image.jpeg.8cbb1fee9df386f456456c9b921d49ef.jpeg

MLG's cake for me on my birthday in Laos

image.jpeg.7568870fd1dfce92b4ca8c7a05ac1392.jpeg

MLG and me, Vietnam

_____

On 1/11/2023 at 10:56 PM, zzzz said:

It sounds like bad luck and old age had caught up to you.  If you do make the trip to LOS, the airlines can arrange an attendant with a wheelchair to meet you and help you around the airport.  You can ask for this when you make your reservations. I had to do that once after an injury, but, by the time of the flight, I was well.  I had cancelled the wheelchair assistance but the attendants didn't get the word and were still waiting for me with a wheelchair when I arrived at each location. Get well soon.

zzzz,
thank you for your advice.
But I can no longer travel and certainly not fly.
My heart and circulatory system is far too unstable for that.
No paramedics or other helpers will help.
Unfortunately ... sigh

2 hours ago, Coss said:

You and me both.

As a commiseration, I've just had a scan booked, looking for more invasive Melanoma, after an occurrence and a reoccurrence, and two years of operations and Radiation Therapy. No Chemo, thankfully.

We're all at the positive end of the age scale. I think that I will die in Laos though, wise or no.

We all have to say goodbye to this world. Unfortunately.
We humans are all mortal.
I have never heard of anyone who survived his life or who returned from the afterlife because he didn't like it there.
How many board members have we lost in the last 25 years?
We had no choice but to wish the deceased brother a RIP. That is all we can do.
Coss, I can't think of anything wiser to say. This is our human fate.

Coss, beautiful impressive pictures.
I can well imagine that you have many pleasant memories associated with these pictures.
I have been to Laos many times.
In Vientiane, in Luang Prabang, etc.

I think I have reported about it.
If not here on this board, then I have sent detailed travel reports to my email list, on which I have about 30 people = family, friends acquaintances etc..

• 5 months later...