Thai language schools

bgtp

That's it - screw college. I can pay 6000B and go to language school with J-Girls. :o :hubba:

OH has the right idea, but throw some of that lottery cash over here. I'll even pretend I don't speak Thai that well.. :shhh:

Sorry did I mention that I have a thing for J-Girls.. I met this half-J-girl half farang in the cineplex, awhile back that was stunning :bow: The rest of the story is just as good.. :hug:

Back to the studies,

the_numbers

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never heard any good opinions of this listen only place, several have said they left before the end. An update on prices: stl on asoke charges 12960 for 30 hours outcall, somchart (or somshit) 11800 both for 30 hours. You can get 40 hours for 10500 though if you don't go through a school.

• 1 month later...

I also went to Unity. I did Mod 1-3 then took a break for 4 months, did Mod 4 but haven't been back to finish yet.

The 3-4 hours a day depending on morning or afternoon

is as much as you need especially once you start mod 3

and have homework. You can end up getting headaches.

I found the staff vey approachable when asking ?'s.

But you do need to take a break and do something else.

A very good idea before starting would be to get books and learn writing the thai alphabet. You would find it much easier.

Cheers

Khunmi

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I went & took the free test class at AUA with their so called unique listening only system & 2 teachers rambling about.

Nice enough & entertaining style, but my main worry is will it really work if investing the massive amount of hours(800) even they're less than 100bt/h?

Or would I be better off trying to learn to read instead or follow the Union or other recommended (traditional) schools?

I think it is well worth it.

BUT...

You have to be religious about going. Especially in the beginning.

At least 4 days a week, several hours per day. Ideally 5 or 6 days a week.

A lot of people trash the method (and I'm sure some will speak up here). But most of the people who come here to Thailand don't have the diligence to stick it out.

It's a very natural way to learn it and you can meet some pretty nice people!

Also, the hours never expire and they have classes that you can attend virtually all the time.

<<burp>>

You'd be better off with my mrs, so to speak. A school I recently saw looks good near chit lom station and includes the lady's paintings in an art gallery, don't know how much she charges. I'll post her website when I can find it. If I may mention somchart one more time, I hear things are going downhill and the teachers were not paid their yearly bonuses this year.

http://www.artofjim9.com/about.html

Archived