Free Tasting at CatHouse (Nana Plaza)

CosmicSurfer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, on an unrelated subject. Where exactly are you staying in the Valley? And do you accepted postal packages?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

555 Mockingbird Lane

Attn: H. Munster

Damn, I sent it to 666 Mephistopheles Ct., Attn: Damian S. Omen

Did I really type "do you accepted?" Man, I really should proof read my replies before I post them. At this rate I'll have to take the TOEFL test to retain my citizenship. :doah:

Cosmic Surfer,

Congratulations on your venture. Opening up a BW3 (Bangkok Wild Wings and Weck ), maybe there is a franchise opportunity in this venture ?

The story of BW3 (it used to be called Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck , but I guess no one in any other part of the United States knew what weck was so they dropped the third "W." For some reason they still abbreviate it BW3) goes a little something like this. There were these two guys sitting around in Ohio one night and they had a craving for Buffalo wings. Instead of making the trek they decided to open their own place and BW3 was born.

The year was 1981. Jim Disbrow and Scott Lowery had recently transplanted to Kent, Ohio after living in Buffalo, New York. All was fine until one day when the two were craving wings. Not just ordinary wings, but authentic Buffalo, New York-style chicken wings. Only problem was there was nowhere to get wings nearby. So Jim and Scott had two choices to satisfy their appetite: they could either make a road trip to New York or open a wing joint close to home. Lucky for us they chose the latter. Hence, the beginning of Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, now Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar, the no-holds-barred grill and bar that serves up a healthy dose of fun with every batch of Buffalo chicken wings.

Now, does anyone know what Weck means ?

They even have a Thai style sauce :

Blazin

Spicy Garlic

Teriyaki

Wild

Medium

Hot

Mild

Sweet BBQ

Thai

Smoky Southwestern

Caribbean Jerk

Good Luck ! Are you looking for any (silent) partners ?

A weck is actually a type of roll that are used for sandwiches, usually beef. Hence beef on a weck. And no I'm not from Buffalo. We have a restaurant nearby that bills itself as "where the buffalonians roam" and has the wings as well as wecks.

I wondered what a weck was myself until I read their menu.

Will be on my way to bkk tonite, sure CS will need some advice on oil temperature for Belgian fries

thalenoi Where are you?

Things went much better last night. I hope that the tasting tonight will be perfect.

2 small problems.... :dunno:

Sauce consistency was great (last night was too thin) but it was a little too spicy. :onfire: Tonight we'll make it milder.

Fries were much better (last night's were very acceptable... tonights better by a factor of 3.) But I'm not satisfied with the color... I want that "Golden Brown" look that I got when cooking them in my Wok at home. Tonight, I hope.

I won't be satisfied with less than 110% satisfaction on both Wings and Fries. :applause:

See you all there. :hug:

CS

Archived