Free Tasting at CatHouse (Nana Plaza)

CosmicSurfer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they more more than just eatable....

But the batch yesterday was rushed, so the raw potato temperature and pre-fry "Dryness" were off slightly. Also the raw potato we were using seemed a little wetter than usual. I may need to change the variety. :dunno:

I made a batch at home last week that were at least a "9" out of 10. And that's what we are shooting for as a minimum. Last night's batch I give a "5". Still better than McD's, (the owner of CatHouse thought that they were great) But Khun Sanuk and I agree that they are not up to the standard we're shooting for.

Nana Plaza is closed tonight, but on Monday we will have more prep time and I'll be able to tell if it's the potatos or some other reason.

By the time you get back here we'll have it nailed.

CS

Pah! As if "Belgian fries" aren't just normal fries with a load of mayonnaise smothered on top of them..

Actually, It's BYOM. :neener:

WE supply Ketchup only. Sorry.

And for all you Quebecoise... Sorry, no Poutine either.

When we move into our permanent Sukhumvit location maybe we'll have more room and cooling facilities for the Mayo. But first I'll need a cheap and decent supplier... Or will you settle for the local Thai stuff?

Also no Celery Sticks and Blue Cheese dip for the Buffalo Wings. :cussing:

This is Thailand :banghead: and these ARE Bangkok Buffalo Wings and Fries. :applause:

CS

Says bibblies:

Pah! As if "Belgian fries" aren't just normal fries with a load of mayonnaise smothered on top of them..

No need to guess you never went to a "fritkot" in Belgium :cussing: and then there is fritkot and fritkot...not same same.

CS, I volunteer to make real mayonaise: need good oil (no palm oil) eggyok, mustard (not the american variety) lemon juice, salt, pepper and a handbatter for ther heavy work.

Still plan to make it to Cathouse by tomorrow night.

When we move into our permanent Sukhumvit location ....

We are negotiating as we speak for various locations. We almost had corner of Soi 11, but a communications glinch lost it at the last moment.

Now we are in talks for a very visible location on Soi 5. I'll let everyone know when we have it nailed down.

(Soi 10 was also a possible, lucky it wasn't at the top of the list.)

Maybe I should change my Handle soon to "CosmicBuffaloSurfer"... Except I can imagine all the off-the-wall and snide comments now... Maybe CosmicHawker is better?

CS

Archived