Copying posts from Nana Plaza board

racha

Sometimes I see some info on the net that I have read on this board and wondered who copied who, I just came across a post of mine that was copied from this board word for word from a post I made last year, On my own web sites and others I have written for I keep finding my work copied by other people on other web sites and magazines and them claiming it to be there work, Not that I mind about it when it is a post on this board as anything you write here is more for the fun of it though other things I have written take a lot of work and to see it copied does irritate me just a little bit,

Anyone else seen there posts being copied before on other boards or web sites ?? the copied post

Hi,

Yes not much you can do except believe that you must be doing something right if people want to copy your work,

I remember Dr. Joker his web site disappeared must be a couple of years back now after he got worried about some of the material on his site might get him in trouble, That was the story I had heard not sure if it is true though, There is a message board on Delphi I just had a look at under his name maybe the same guy,

Yes, it has happened to me often, not so much here, but with posts I made on asfo.

Some things I have written here have been cross-posted on other boards, lists, etc. I think a lot of it just comes under the category of spreading information around, but you never receive any credit, such as "this comes from a post on nanaplaza.com by Sarisin." It is usually just, "I heard....."

I have had also had posts and stories turn up on other boards and websites with names other than my own as the author.

I don't like it either, but when you write something in the public domain, it is up for grabs, and what can you do?

This is one reason why I prefer writing stories and reviews for KS's paysite now instead of on open fora.

Hi,

"How does writing for the paid site protect your work?"

As far as I know everything that I write instantly gets protected by copyright, regardless of where I write it on.

I think what Sarisin was refering to is that people are less likely to copy his posts from inside the memberarea, simply because there are less people with access to it.

Legally I don't think there is any difference between copying an article from a free site or a paid site. Unless permission is given specifically, it is a copyright infringement in both cases.

Sanuk!

Archived