A simple plea re language

gobbledonk

I WILL CALL THOSE ________ _________s WHATEVER I WANT!!!

:drunk: :: :o

I dont know how appropriate 'bargirl' is to freelancers.

freelancer is a mouthful. I call them all BGs.

There are always going to be guys who are incapable of looking at the girls as fellow human beings. So the vitriole will always be heard from them. I won't get worked up about it.

'course a number of the girls don't look at us as fellow travellers on the path to buddhahood, I'm sure they have a few good names set aside for us pervs. wonder if these BG types debate the appropriate terminology with the 'good' BGs who love us :D.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>freelancer is a mouthful. I call them all BGs.

That's what they call themselves. Or, "Wok Grace".

>There are always going to be guys who are incapable of looking at the girls as fellow human beings. So the vitriole will always be heard from them. I won't get worked up about it.

At least, Artiew is not one of them.

>'course a number of the girls don't look at us as fellow travellers on the path to buddhahood, I'm sure they have a few good names set aside for us pervs.

Yes. "Kaack". Similar as for ...... people. Someone who is just "it", in Thai culture.

Being "it" is not a very good badge to wear in Thai.

>wonder if these BG types debate the appropriate terminology with the 'good' BGs who love us

Who loves you?

>I thought "Kaack" was the term Thais used for customer. I didn't realize it meant as a negative term.

Yes, and I don't like that but what can I do. The term is also used to name the people they hate.

People with different skin....don't get me involved into the graphics...

Generally, people that Thais hate...I leave it to your immagination...

We, farangs, are labelled that way. My head drooped down when I learned that...still we have people here who think their lady drinks make them look great...in bgs' eyes, they are just a fart of the "kaack".

TTM,

If you are walking down the street in London, Sydney or wherever, and a homeless woman starts abusing you, do you take it personally ? No - you realise that her words are a reflection of her circumstances, her lack of education and so on. You can walk away, or you can stand there and allow yourself to be dragged down to her level.

Do we really lie awake at night thinking 'Gee, I hope the girls at the bar thought I was a worthwhile human being !' ? They know that their choice of vocation has placed them squarely at the bottom rung of Thai society, and view us as part of the problem. Prostitutes everywhere view the ease with which they can manipulate the male sex drive as a sign of weakness : this isnt a formula for mutual respect.

The other thing is that the girls are happy to throw words, Thai and English, around to suit the situation. How many rappers call their girlfriends 'Ho' to their face, yet it goes with the territory that they refer to women in general as 'hos'. The board members are neither bargirls nor, to the best of my knowledge, homeboys. I think we can live without words like 'whore' and 'slut'.

agree with you 101%

i have just left another forum where the moderators were not concerned about what was said.

all sorts of names were used and when i said i suggested that such words should not be used and we showed a bit of respect,i was shouted down :cussing:

that's why i return to this forum everyday,civilised people.. ::

Mailuk, I'm not even going to debate this with you - I'm too old and way too tired. Do what you like - I couldnt give a fuck.

Artiew,

I think you do give a fuk which is why you started this thread. If you and I started a debate on this, it would be the worlds shortest because we are in agreement. Please re-read my post.

regards

MaiLuk :grinyes:

Archived