Ladydrinks? Yea or Nay?

Sarisin

Says shotover:

Excellent subject.

Could be he is on a very tight budget, and cannot afford too many LDs. I've run up some quick 2000-4000 baht bar bills in less than an hour at a single bar. But I have more fun doing this than I can compile in a year in the USA.

Are the ladies paid their LD commission nightly, or only at the end of each month when they receive their salaries?

"Are you a big spender when you go into a bar when it comes to buying drinks for others?"

I know they get more money with a 100 baht tip rather than a LD commission, but I also think about the drink quotas they must meet each month, and the risk of them losing their jobs if they do not meet their quotas.

When I am with other punters who buy a round of drinks, I always offer to pitch in, or pick up the next round.

Some excellent points here, shotover.

First, this guy in particular has no money problems. First of all he pays thousands of dollars to get here and stays in a nice hotel. He often takes ladies home, usually freelancers though. He has a very good job back in the US. So, I don't think that is it in his case.

Second, I think in most bars, the ladies are paid their ladydrink commissions at the end of the night. That is why you can often see them parading their ladydrink commission slips up to the cashiers. I often see them leaving and stashing away the commisions from the drinks in their pockets/purses.

Third, good point about the quotas for ladydrinks. I hadn't thought about that. I have never heard of a girl losing her job over not making the ladydrink quota, but I have heard of cuts. So, like barfines, if you screw a girl out of ladydrinks, you could cost her when the accounting is done at the end of the month. Of course, the tips you give her could compensate for that too.

Last, yes, I think most guys I go out with are fair about paying their share. Some are overly generous. I was talking about this the other day with some guys, and I have to tell you that the cheapskates who try to skip out without paying their shares are often a certain nationality. Likewise, the overly generous ones are often a certain nationality.

I'm not one to generalize, but I will let you guys guess who the big spenders and little spenders are. :grinyes:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, is the context of your remark "screw a girl out of her lady drinks" only in regards to direct payment/slipping money or do you actually feel it is your obligation to buy a lady drink for her time?

This again, while a reasonable guy would buy her a drink after a few min. etc., it demonstrates how the lady drink scam can creep in to a system and create lady drink sales ladies vs. girls willing to barfine.

cheers

Nok

Says uniformguy:

Eventually I took out a 100 baht note to see what she would do. She danced above me and slid down with her legs on either side of my head and her open pussy centimeters from my tongue so I carefully placed the note in her pussy ensuring my fingers enjoyed the moment and she got the 100 baht and closed her legs around it as she pulled back from me .

Uniformguy

Uniformguy, not to take the piss out of you, but I will tell you something that a wise old soul told me about seven years ago re slipping notes into a girl's pussy...

He advised me never to do it. The King's image is on the money and it can be considered a great insult. Of course in our countries, this is not the case and I am sure it is done often without a second thought. However, ever since then I am very careful to discretely put the note in the girl's hand. I don't even put it in her dancing costume.

To be fair, it sounds like this dancer encouraged you to do what you did. But, I just thought I would pass on to newbies what was passed on to me before. As always, your behavior is up to you, but you need to be aware of what others might think of it.

No offense meant at all in this post to you, my friend. :)

>Second, I think in most bars, the ladies are paid their ladydrink commissions at the end of the night.

In most bars. 40 bahts per drink.

>Third, good point about the quotas for ladydrinks. I hadn't thought about that. I have never heard of a girl losing her job over not making the ladydrink quota, but I have heard of cuts.

In one of 5 most popular NEP bars, there is a "soft" quota. 80 LDs per mont. Anything after that, a 5bht bonus per drink goes to the girl. So, 100 LDs per month, 100 Bht extra for extra 20 LDs.

No penalties if 80 drinks mark is not reached.

Firstly, not replying to you, I have never bought a LD in my (short) bar visiting life.

I did buy many drinks but girls simply did not give a fuck for that small coke.

They all wanted tequila, bacardi breezer, beer...That tells they wanted to get drunk, they were not not after 40 baht commission. All the girls in various bars were friends of my gf.

>Yes, TTM, I do remember that post of yours in the other thread. It was very interesting, and, if you don't mind, could you repeat that in this thread.

As it specifically came from the horse's, er, bargirl's mouth, I think everyone would appreciate reading it.

I'll try to repeat the post, it was about girls being excited with lady drinks.

What they (the girls I talked to) say - bar fine rules the bar world.

They simply do not want to dance and anything shorter of saving them for the night is considered as void.

One said "who want dance? Him come buy lady drink, go home eat and sleep, take woman another bar, I am dance all night".

None of my contacts saw any importance in LDs.

That is why, IMO, they often opt for an alcoholic drink to knock them off rather than for 40 baht commission.

If you don't bar fine them, you were not there that night.

Bar fine and good charge for a ST/LT beat any lady drinks purchasers.

"it demonstrates how the lady drink scam can creep in to a system and create lady drink sales ladies vs. girls willing to barfine."

I have to agree with TTM's assessment that barfines rule over ladydrinks. I think few ladies would prefer staying in the bar for 8 hours trying to drown 40 watered down colas as opposed to earning the same baht taking off early and spending the night with a farang.

I have met ladies in beer bars and agogos who are more enthusiatic about selling LDs than being bar fined (maybe they have other plans or just don't fancy me), but these are the rare exceptions rather than the rule.

It is the rule in the Philippines, most would rather(not that I blame them) sit in the bar eight hours and earn the same money(call it even 10drinks/50piso each=500piso) than go thru the barfine ritual.(also pays 500piso to the girl)

One can also never under estimate the ability of a Philippine girl to do absulutely nothing for eight hours, even seven days a week. 500 piso a day represents apx. TEN times the daily(50piso) wage she could earn in her province.

cheers

Nok

I'm in with the belief that we are and always will be, customers. It's amazing to see how quickly a mamasan, dancer, etc turn on you like a rabid pit bull when the money train slows to a halt.

Another problem about buying way too many lady drinks at several different venues, you might feel obligated to buy them all drinks. One's check bin can easily soar past 2k baht+ JUST to maintain your friendships.

I do agree that it's somewhere in the middle between buying none and too many.

Hi Sarisin,

Thanks for the warning buddy I didn't even think of that. As u can imagine it was a completely spur of the moment thing and I don't even think that she was pushing for it. It is not something that I want to encourage either or they will all be pushing for money as they are dancing. I have seen an increasing number of people do this in the bars and this was the first time I did it.

I have had the point about the Kings image explained before and will ignore the 'newbie' comment, on this occasion I just didn't think about it at all.

By the way sorry I missed you in AW last weekend but that was my last night and I just never got there...........u know how it is, should be back in April and June.

Keep up the sanuk reports my friend.

Uniformguy

Says think_too_mut:

I did buy many drinks but girls simply did not give a fuck for that small coke.

They all wanted tequila, bacardi breezer, beer...That tells they wanted to get drunk, they were not not after 40 baht commission. All the girls in various bars were friends of my gf.

I'll try to repeat the post, it was about girls being excited with lady drinks.

What they (the girls I talked to) say - bar fine rules the bar world.

They simply do not want to dance and anything shorter of saving them for the night is considered as void.

One said "who want dance? Him come buy lady drink, go home eat and sleep, take woman another bar, I am dance all night".

None of my contacts saw any importance in LDs.

That is why, IMO, they often opt for an alcoholic drink to knock them off rather than for 40 baht commission.

If you don't bar fine them, you were not there that night.

Bar fine and good charge for a ST/LT beat any lady drinks purchasers.

TTM, I'm not sure if I commented the first time you wrote this, but you make two excellent points - or, rather your lady does. :)

First, I do think there are some BGs who drink to get drunk. I have had some tell me they simply have a hard time even getting up on that stage and shaking their asses unless they have had a few shots of tequila. Some prefer to get blasted, but I wonder how many of these get barfined. Personally, I would not touch a drunk BG with a ten-foot pole.

Then, you have many more BGs who do not drink period. You just cannot force them to put a little Mehkong in their cola. They seem happy to sit and drink cola. I'm not sure if it is the drink commission/quotas driving this, though.

But, I think most BGs fall somewhere in between. One night they are a tea-totaler and will not touch a drop of alcohol. Another night, it is party time and the tequila flows like water. Let's face it, the bar atmosphere does lend itself more to the latter, but economics and having a few baht to buy something to eat could drive one to drink cola.

Your other point is certainly a good one too. I suppose every gogo dancer would rather be barfined (except for those who will not barfine - discussed here previously ad nauseum) than have a ladydrink. But, do they honestly think that most customers are there to barfine rather than just have a few drinks, watch the girls dance, and party a bit or are there to barfine and get a lady?

This would be an interesting question to ask on this forum:

Do you go to the bars to barfine a dancer, or just to have some fun (drink, watch the dancers, party, etc.)? I think most would be in the second group. I am. I almost never barfine. I visit the gogo bars to have some fun and then look for female companionship if I want it at the freelance joints.

Not everyone is like me, though, and there are plenty of guys who treat a trip to the gogo bars like a trip to Foodland. Go in, pick out what you want, and off to the hotel. I guess the gals love these kinds of guys and hate guys like me.

But, you know what?

I think most of the girls I know, and certainly my friends in the bars, realize why I am there. They are happy to sit and toast a few drinks, have a few laughs and some fun. I don't think they expect a barfine and are happy to enjoy a ladydrink or two and look towards the next customer.

Anyway, thanks for bringing up these points again. :)

Archived