Ladydrinks? Yea or Nay?

Sarisin

Pretty much same, same me. You're paing for the girl's time, and she has to sell a certain number, so It's only right to buy one or two.

I almost always buy one, even if I have little/no interest. Just being Jai Dee, i suppose :) But I like to tip after the 2nd one if she's interesting or has roamin' hands :hubba:

And, if it's a small place, beer bar or the like, I'll buy the bartender a drink, maybe mamasan, too. Helps with the service, I think.

PhordPhan

:) :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, TTM, I do remember that post of yours in the other thread. It was very interesting, and, if you don't mind, could you repeat that in this thread.

As it specifically came from the horse's, er, bargirl's mouth, I think everyone would appreciate reading it.

Thanks.

Hi eyebee,

Well, my friend, often if I like the girl, or she is a good friend, I will buy her a ladydrink and give her a tip. At least you are giving her something. I remember ole Ben Blacksheep absolutely refused to buy ladydrinks too.

Honestly, not buying a ladydrink for a lady you invite to sit with you is similar to inviting a lady to go with you to a restaurant and then not buying her something to eat. Again, the key is that you invited her over. Of course, one difference in this is that the lady you take to the restaurant does work for the restaurant or get a commission.

Besides, isn't it great fun when that drink arrives for the lady to toast - clink glasses with her, and say, "Chok Dee Khrap" together while smiling?

This is as much a part of Bangkok nightlife as gogo poles. :)

Says Gratis:

I went through a stage of tipping the girls at the end of the night thinking they would appreciate this more and as a result always spent my evenings alone and unhappy. Now i'm back to throwing cash around and sitting drinking happily with lovely ladies. ::

I think this is a great point and a very good reason why buying ladydrinks is preferable to just tipping. There is something about the interaction while drinking, and, as I mentioned, toasting, that is more fun than just slipping her some baht on the way out.

I don't think you necessarily have to throw cash around, but, you are surely perceived as a more jai-dee customer by the dancers AND waitresses when you buy a few ladydrinks. Sure, the lady receiving the tip will think you are a great guy, but, likely no one else will know. Of course, I guess some guys might prefer this.

But, like Gratis, I rather enjoy receiving warm welcomes when I enter a bar, and, if buying a few ladydrinks is the way to get this, then, so be it. :D

Says NokTang:

Girls turning in to lady drink sales ladies has ruined Angeles City, PI, and would not think it could creep in to Thailand.

I also thought the girls only got like 20-30baht per, not 40-50baht? A small difference perhaps, just wondering.

Nok, I am a little surprised at your observation in the PI. In fact, I was there for 20 days in December and I was not pressured into buying a ladydrink once. On some occasions I even had BGs turn down an offer to buy one. I thought this was a big plus vs. Thailand, especially when you visit the KIng's Group bars in the 'pong where your ass cannot hit the seat before you have a verbal demand or a sign thrusted into your face for ladydrinks and barfines. It is not that bad in NEP or SC, but some girls can drive you nuts with it.

I rather enjoyed the laid-back, no pressure for ladydrinks or barfines in Angeles City. :)

Oh, I do think most of the bars here in BKK give the gals 40 baht per ladydrink, but nothing for alcoholic drinks as stated.

Says Coloseum:

Surprised that no one mentioned this but: The girls only get

a commission on soft drinks. I love to buy them Tequilas and

such to get the party going. In most but not all cases the girls

prefer the hard stuff.

What's your take on this ?

p.s. Waiters don't get any commission as opposed to waitresses.

Honestly, my attitude on this has changed over the years. I used to get a little upset paying 80 - 100 baht for a few ounces of cola for a ladydrink. I used to try and get the girls to drink a bottle of beer with me.

Then, I realized most don't drink beer and don't want to get blasted when they have to dance until 2am. And, of course, they get no commission on that as you stated.

Now, I just let them choose what they want to drink with two exceptions: I will not pay 150 baht for a freakin' Bacardi Breezer or 160 baht for a white wine (Thigh Bar). I just tell them no - choose something else. They all do.

You are right in that many girls love to do shooters of tequila and some bars will charge a premium for them. If it looks like I am about to be taken on a Tequila Shooter Ride and have a big bin, I usually set a limit and tell the girl(s) it's time to switch to cola.

Generally, you're right - the girls wanting the booze are interested in getting blitzed. They seldom want to drink just one. I don't know about you, but I steer clear of these ladies. The last thing I want is a major puke cleanup in my bathroom the next day - something sadly I have had in the past. :(

Well, Mr. jittle, sir. Happy to see you bust your cherry on one of my threads here.

I don't let small things like ladydrinks bother me when it comes to going out with my friends. However, as you can imagine, you get a couple of guys like this and it could get nasty bigtime. This is one reason I prefer going out only with a few guys I know fairly well rather than joining the conventions, etc.

Speaking of that, if you are ever in the neighborhood, shoot me a PM here. Although my tastycake supply is OK (was in the US November), it is always great to get together with another Jersey Devil. :devil:

We could discusss it but would be deleted or locked down.

The main point I was trying to make is the conversion of the "bar" to a lady drink house vs. a place to find a girl and where girls are actually interested in barfines.

What you have in Angeles is a bunch of girls who never intend on barfineing, only on selling/hustleing lady drinks. This is condoned by the bars and the system. It has led to huge decreases in visitors IMHO.

If the girls in Thailand bars start figureing out that they can just sell lady drinks and not barfine ever, and the customers condone it(by returning over and over) what is left is a bar with dancers, good time, but a struggle to find company suitable/willing for bedding.

Don't PLEASE under estimate the damage that can be done by lady drinks playing a large role in the girls earnings. The proof is in Angeles and a few bars in Thailand. I never go to Patpong for I guess that reason, it is a tourist type of venue IMHO.

I'm getting long here and we will be locked down.

Glad you had a good three weeks in Angeles without any lady drink bullshit. Pressure is the word often used, it realy does not apply to me as can politely say no or yes. However, lady drink hustle when no barfine intended is a basic scam IMHO.

cheers

Nok

Archived