Nana, Thermae update.

smittyjp

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Phuket and will be visiting my beloved Bangkok this weekend. For me I am very excited in that I haven't been in Bangkok for a couple of months and expect to have to search about to see whats poppin'.

In my opinion Phuket [patong] pales in comparison to krung thep. I had a great routine in BKK a couple months back but I am excited to visit and rediscover what bar is excelling.

The great part about it is that regardless of what is going on in BKK nana and theramae are definately going to be visited. I have had no problem finding great companions there in the past and know that they will be fruitful this weekend. If I can't find a girl there I will at least witness something hilarious or just plain weird. I will then move on as therre are no shortages of cuties in the sukhumvit area.

It's great that people share experiences, but don't label a place because there was a bad experience. Just talk about the experience and help others to avoid the same outcome.

This weekend will be about finding the most fun I can. Anyone who is visiting Bangkok for the first time would be foolish not to check out NANA and the THERAMAE. Take a girl or don't take a girl, but definately go check it out.

I promised not to mention thermaie as i know sarisan hates me mention this place...But it is popular whatever he says....However times change and it is a shadow of its past mainly due to the 2am closing ...if someone is in patpomg they could leave there at 2am ..of course they cant now!!

I dunno, when I first went to Pattaya I hated it. Then 2 more trips I was even with Bangkok. On my last trip I spent 2 months there and then went to Bangkok for my last night. Pattaya SHITS on Bangkok as far as I am concerned not only on price but on stunningly beautiful women which are right now in no short supply. I mean I had a list of stunners I would write down and eventually tackle on my trip. Now Bangkok might be used to hail a cab at the airport quite frankly. I also did Singapore. Wow! New scene a bit more expensive but well worth it for the ethnic diversity of Geylang district. I had an Indian a Sri Lankan and a Singaporean. There was a cutie from Batam Indonesia also but I was dead broke thanking Changi for no airport tax.

Oneye

Hi rusty,

I would say the Singha is the better option, but also difficult to avoid because you need to go there late. I poked my head round the door a couple of weeks ago around 8.30 and the place was almost deserted. I knew this would be the case, but....just checking. 10, 10.30 is probably the earliest sensible time to go.

Although not a frequent visitor, I have had a good time there on a couple of occasions. Just fooling around though - always left without a lady.

Khwai

You should go to the Thermae plasterd to the gills..but TIT hold onto your wallet and don't forget your wetsuit!

Yes I have noticed in various posts Sarasin is the resident guru there and god bless him but I find it an unappealing enviroment - to say the least.

The entire concept has been wrecked by the 2AM closeing.

When it was for off duty GoGo girls in need of money, perhaps the best venue in the WORLD. Now, just the Soi 7 beer bar crowd who are fine at say 4PM, but a bit ragged out by midnight. Tired, dirty, smelly, and lastly but not least..poor attitude.

What else cold we expect after sitting in humid smog filled air for eight hours waiting for a Farang?

The 2AM also eliminated those "freelancers" who would show up at midnight. Not worth the "investment" of 100baht taxi from the outskirts of BKK for two hours or less prospecting.

cheers

Nok

Says jitagawn:

You should go to the Thermae plasterd to the gills..but TIT hold onto your wallet and don't forget your wetsuit!

Yes I have noticed in various posts Sarasin is the resident guru there and god bless him but I find it an unappealing enviroment - to say the least.

jitagawn, here you are back in the Nightlife Section again. I thought I told you about staying out of here. :)

Yes, I am one of those odd folks that loves the hell out of Thermae. I think it is one of the greatest places in the world to watch and interact with people. Hell, you can even get a lady that will knock your socks off later too.

I was there last night and what a collection of characters were on hand - even a fine representation from this board. Plenty of women eager for action too.

The great thing about Bangkok is that you have many different venues and you don't have to lock in on one. jitagawn has his places and I have mine. You choose yours.

One thing I will not do, though, is diss jitagawn's favorite spots (unless Casanova is included :)) because if he likes them, fine with me. But, he is certainly entitled to his opinion. I just suggest that you check it out - if it isn't for you, try something else.

There is no doubt that this Thermae is not as good as the Thermae that was open until dawn, but you just live with what you have a make the best out of it. And, for me, it is just fine. ::

Archived