Insomnia

gobbledonk

Hi. Does anyone have a guaranteed remedy for the dreaded sleeplessness ?

(Please, no quips re alcohol and/or sex : these dual delights have given me as many sleepless nights as they've granted me deep slumber..)

I've got some Valerian tablets, some Camomille tea, but my stupid brain just wont shut down some nights. Its like there's a switch that says "Public Holiday tomorrow !", when I have an interview in a couple of hours and am sure to sound like I just checked out of (or into..) rehab. Aaarrrrggghhhh !

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Does anyone have a guaranteed remedy for the dreaded sleeplessness ?

(Please, no quips re alcohol and/or sex : these dual delights have given me as many sleepless nights as they've granted me deep slumber..)

I've got some Valerian tablets, some Camomille tea, but my stupid brain just wont shut down some nights. Its like there's a switch that says "Public Holiday tomorrow !", when I have an interview in a couple of hours and am sure to sound like I just checked out of (or into..) rehab. Aaarrrrggghhhh !

Sounds like me a bitl at the moment.

Helping a friend set up an office in the middle of the city.

Lots of work and i get home have dinner etc go to sleep ( at least i can get some) and wake up at 4am and toss and turn till i finaly get up at 6am.

Worring about wheather we paid to much for the computers or did we get ripped off on the carpet etc.

Sounds like you need to unwind before sleeping.

When i was a bit younger a glass of port would send me off.

Maybe a vitamin pill ( not sleeping pills stay away from those devils)

I guess try and relax before you go to bed.....good luck :dunno:

Very good point by STH, when you are tired you will sleep and the quality of the sleep and the way you feel the following day will probably be better than dtug induced sleep.

Try a session at the gym, try and walk more during the day, don't take lifts and try to walk short distances where you might normally take motor vehicle transport.

Good luck.

If your mind is still spinning at night, how about learning some meditation techniques, like learning to breath very deep and controlled e.g. to slow your mind down.

Once I went to a Zen meditation group and found out that real meditation is not very easy, but a very interesting experience. And I slept very well as well, but this might have been a cause the this group started at 7 a.m. :: which meant I had to wake up 6:30 latest - usually I get out of bed at 8 a.m. Anyway when I needed to work overtime I stopped going there and never found my way back to group. :p

I have been a bad sleeper for a long time.Try polaramine which is a allergy(hay fever tablet tablet) and Mersyondol(pain relief) Not recommended for long term, but if i must have a good nights sleep,either one of these will allways do the trick....ps write to Warnies mum for a more detailed prescription :)

Archived