Insomnia

gobbledonk

Set your alarm for 5:30 am and get up at that time no matter what time you went to bed the following evening (wake up and go running would be your best bet). Eventually your body will want its 6 to 8 hours of sleep a night, sounds more like nerves before your job interview bugging you. I LOVE UNEMPLOYMENT! ::

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bearing in mind your career status (and I talk from experience) it's probably because you're doing fuck all all day long. I imagine that you might be getting out of bed a bit later than normal, which means when you want to go to bed you're not as tired as you ased to be. Even though it's difficult try getting out of bed early, very early and then being busy throught the day. Also (and I know it ain't easy) try doing some excercise early in the day so that come the time you want to sleep you'll be tired.

Dole is freedom but also hell.

Cheers

"Every night alone with my thoughts. When I do sleep I dream of murder , crimes or I am communicating with the dead."

That's really swell. And do you feel rested in the morning.

On a more serious note, I think that the older you get the less you sleep (whether you want to or not) and you need fewer hours. Think how many hours a baby sleeps and think about elderly people being up at 5am starting their day.

This is a problem for me too. It sucks. Sometimes hard physical labor makes me sleep better because my body is exhausted. It's when my brain won't stop that insomnia becomes a problem. Still, if you wait long enough you will fall asleep. I think anxiety is very prevalent in (western) culture now and contributes to insomnia.

• 3 weeks later...

Try Xanax,

I also believe that trying to exhaust yourself physically works too. I used to suffer from insomnia a lot. Trying to chill out whilst trying to sleep is difficult but keep trying....'Step by step' by Phra Peter Phranapadidionot or some such shit provides a good intro to meditation.

Getting up and running is a good idea too. Playing computer games relieves the boredom in the mean time.

Good luck!

Archived